[SOLVED] Autorecurring payments not renewing

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185860 by clwweb
Ok tried another test, This is what I get in the Notifications of CB Subs

12/19/2011 11:56:57 IPN payment gateway communication error ARB-Silent: mandatory param missing
12/19/2011 11:56:55 Autorecurring payment Successful. subscr_payment Completed
12/19/2011 11:56:55 Payment APPROVED web_accept Completed

What param is this? On earlier tests I was getting a ARB-Silent: ARB silent post Hash check failed. This would occur after the period had expired and a new period was supposed to begin, the rebilling. But I need to know what this initial error is first before I can test that other.

Double checked silent post URL, it matches on Authorize. I also had reset the hash prior to conducting this test, what else to look at?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185866 by nant

clwweb wrote:
12/19/2011 11:56:57 IPN payment gateway communication error ARB-Silent: mandatory param missing

This message and other similar ones can be ignored.
The Authorize.net API changed after CBSubs was released and is now sending an IPN message even after the very first payment. CBSubs doesn't know what to do with it (no need to do anything really) and is just logging the fact that it was received without needed parms (which are included when subsequent ARB IPN messages are sent).

You need to wait for 1 week (Authorize.net doesn't accept smaller duration) for next IPN to come in and see how that is handled.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185869 by clwweb
I noticed on another thread it was suggested to have a 3 day grace period before the subscription actually cancels. Would that still be recommended? Since Authorize only captures the card, and processes at a later time in the day, would a CB Subscription cancel before Authorize rebilled the 2nd time or is this a non-issue?

Thanks for the help so far!

12 years 4 months ago #185870 by beat
First payment uses AIM, and that is immediately authorized and captured. Authorize.net (same as most PSPs then once a day transmits the final list of the payments of the day once a day, but that is independant of the AUTHORIZE and of the CAPTURE events.

So first payment is always immediate (and thus CBSsubs does not need that IPN for the first payment in the authorize.net scenario).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 4 months ago #185872 by clwweb
Makes sense for the initial sale, but for subsequent, 2nd, 3rd is a grace period necessary?

I wasn't sure if on the renewal of the subscription, it might cancel in CB Subs, because the payment was scheduled to process After the plan's expiration.

12 years 4 months ago #185874 by beat

clwweb wrote: Makes sense for the initial sale, but for subsequent, 2nd, 3rd is a grace period necessary?

I wasn't sure if on the renewal of the subscription, it might cancel in CB Subs, because the payment was scheduled to process After the plan's expiration.

Correct.

ARB processes once a day, so you need 1 day grace period for that already. Then it might retry 2 times. so 3 days sounds reasonable as grace period.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn