[#3051] Upgrade Groupjive 1.6 beta3 to Groupjive 2.4

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183805 by qneal78710
Okay I tried to upgrade to 2.4 from 1.6 by first uninstalling all groupjive components and modules, mambots, and plugins. Then I installed 2.4 but when I tried to view my old groups and categories, nothing was there. I see upgrade instructions for upgrading 1.8 to 2.4 but my 1.6 version is a component not a plugin so how do I upgrade and keep all of my groups and categories?

Here is what I see for 1.8 upgrade:

Uninstall GJ 1.8 CB plugin from CB > Plugin Management if installed
Install GJ 2.4 through CB > Plugin Management
Run GJ 2.4 tools at CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Tools
Use the Migrate feature present on Tools page to move GJ 1.8 data
Play with and test GJ 2.4 that all working and displaying properly
Uninstall GJ 1.8

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #183821 by krileon
You have to use the migrate feature found in GJ tools in order to migrate your old categories and groups. Once done see if they show up under Categories or Groups from backend. Re-run tools as well to see if any of those migrated categories/groups have any missing data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #183831 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic Re: Upgrade Groupjive 1.6 beta3 to Groupjive 2.4
There is no migrate button in tools all I see is this:
Plugin Categories Groups Users Invites Config Integrations Back

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183833 by qneal78710
Here is a screenshot of what I see. I cannot access the migrate tool you speak of. By the way I am using joomla 1.0.0.15 and groupjive is at 2.4 right now.
Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #183888 by qneal78710
Krileon,

Can you give me feedback on this issue, it's important that I get this thing going.

12 years 4 months ago #183920 by krileon
Looks like you uninstalled GJ before you migrated or you deleted instead of migrating. If no migration option is showing then your old GJ database tables don't exist. I recommend checking in phpmyadmin for the _gj tables to see if they still exist and if not you may want to see if you've a database backup otherwise you deleted your entire previous GJ install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn