[SOLVED] google connect on CB Connect

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #228883 by fisionet
[SOLVED] google connect on CB Connect was created by fisionet
I have a problem with GOOGLE-CB CONNECT configuration in JOOMLA 1.5.. I created in Google Apis Console the API and GOOGLE gives me CLIENT ID and the CLIENT SECRET. It generate too a field "email address" and another two fields: Redirect URIs & JavaScript origins. In the last ones I put my web-domain. The CB CONNET asks me for CLIENT ID and CLIENT SECRET but I can´t find API KEY. Perhaps in some forums GOOGLE said it was no necessary any longer.

If I activate the access, when someone try to log with google account google says:

The redirect URI in the request: www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&action=google&func=accesstoken&format=raw

did not match a registered redirect URI

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #228891 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic google connect on CB Connect
Please see the below tutorial as it explains everything you need to configure and shows you where it's all at.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/99-plugins/18369-cb-connect-how-to-configure-google

Any URLs required by the API are provided to you in the backend of CB Connect. So be sure you're using the URLs it has generated for you as some need to be in a very specific format.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fisionet

10 years 11 months ago #228948 by fisionet
Replied by fisionet on topic google connect on CB Connect
Thanks for your help. I don´t know there were tutorials for this. It´s all OK now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

10 years 9 months ago #231199 by ckwitzel
Replied by ckwitzel on topic problem google connect on CB Connect
I am having some trouble with the google login on CB Connect. I was able to create the API and everything seems to work okay except after I click the login button I get an error message at the top of my page that says "User Failed to Initiate!". I'm not sure what I have missed. I have followed the details of the How to Configure link below.

Thanks,
Cindy

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231201 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem google connect on CB Connect
Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile (this is mandatory, but the module it is on doesn't have to be visible). Next ensure live_site is blank within configuration.php. If issue still persists then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration (both must be enabled properly) then re-test and see if any errors are present onscreen.

Also be sure to run CB > Plugin Management > CB Connect > Tools so it can check if your site can even use CB Connect (cURL is required with HTTPS outbound support).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231222 by ckwitzel
Replied by ckwitzel on topic problem google connect on CB Connect
I have worked through all of your suggestions, and I did have everything set up this way.

The Facebook login is working fine. I am only having trouble with the Google ID login. I ran the debug tool, and this is what came up at the bottom of the page following the login error with Google ID:

[REMOVED]

I don't know what all of this means. I guess I can just shut down the Google ID login option, or I would entertain paying you to fix it, depending on the cost. I have already invested a lot of my time and invested in a professional subscription of this product for this volunteer project.

Thanks,
Cindy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn