New field creation - single/multiple checkbox

13 years 1 month ago #153305 by monashmansion
New field creation - single/multiple checkbox was created by monashmansion
Hi Users,

With the creation of a new field, I wish for the checkbox values to be uploaded from a file rather than manually typed into the table. Moreover I have a huge list of values I wish to associate with user registration - with users picking 1 or more values from the list.

I am new to Joomla - only my 3rd week and have looked at the CB Add on - Ajax File Field type - but this does not allow file uploads to a new field, but this seems to be the closest thing. Please help/advise thanks.

Note the "add on" descriptions for Ajax text field type and file field type are identical and do not hence explain the difference..this could be clarified for nubies like me!

Regards to all from Australia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153316 by heyai
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You can most likely use the technique from this article: www.joomlapolis.com/support/articles/10208 to populate your multi selection field with your data.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 1 month ago #153322 by monashmansion
Replied by monashmansion on topic Re: New field creation - single/multiple checkbox
Thank you very much for this response Heyai. The issue then here is that I do not wish to have a drop down list of 10,000+ items either, so I need some sort of "validation" of a manually entered field (or several) with the back end table. (I am an SAP consultant - I know how to do this in SAP, but not Joomla/CB)... Any more advice greatly appreciated.. I guess I need to write some code, (what I would call a "validation") above and beyond what CB and its add-ons offer; and use a text field rather than the single/multiple check box.....(?)

13 years 1 month ago #153325 by heyai
Yes, that's different. Depending on how complex your validation is, the conditional fields plugin (incubator area) might do most of what you need.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: monashmansion

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn