Ideas for Community Builder.

12 years 9 months ago #165744 by lucato
Ideas for Community Builder. was created by lucato
Hi CB team, here I'll post the list of my ideas/suggestions that came up while using this amazing component, that would be added in the future releases. Here are they:

1) User Management (Editing user):
When editing an user, it would have an way to just update/upload the avatar without needing to fill the whole form and so on. When you have data from previous site/database and have added extrafield with CB and make them obligatory, it can become a pain if the user didn't update their profile yet.

2) Coming soon...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #165756 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Ideas for Community Builder.

lucato wrote: Hi CB team, here I'll post the list of my ideas/suggestions that came up while using this amazing component, that would be added in the future releases. Here are they:

1) User Management (Editing user):
When editing an user, it would have an way to just update/upload the avatar without needing to fill the whole form and so on. When you have data from previous site/database and have added extrafield with CB and make them obligatory, it can become a pain if the user didn't update their profile yet.

2) Coming soon...

Mandatory fields are meant to be filled in when updating a profile.
I see no way around this - sounds like you want a mandatory field that is not mandatory if you are editing the avatar field - well imo this does not make sense.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #165759 by lucato
Replied by lucato on topic Re: Ideas for Community Builder.

nant wrote: Mandatory fields are meant to be filled in when updating a profile.
I see no way around this - sounds like you want a mandatory field that is not mandatory if you are editing the avatar field - well imo this does not make sense.

Yup, I agree Nick that mandatory meant to be mandatory. :0) But IMHO just for users/profile owners when editing their profiles, but not for Super Administrator when editing or updating users profiles, once we are "Super Administrators". Well, as I'm not a programmer, I'm not sure if it would be possible to accomplish or program. ;0)

Well, just to share with the community, just in case someone is interested in a workaround to edit the users avatars without needing to edit hole profile from the back-end with mandatory fields and check e-mail stuff , it is possible to edit and upload avatar form the front-end instead. For that you need to set in the CB configuration the moderation tab on the option 'Allow moderators to edit user profiles", just select the level you want. ;0)

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #165761 by nant

lucato wrote:

nant wrote: Mandatory fields are meant to be filled in when updating a profile.

Yup, I agree Nick that mandatory meant to be mandatory. :0) But IMHO just for users/profile owners when editing their profiles, but not for Super Administrator when editing or updating users profiles, once we are "Super Administrators". Well, as I'm not a programmer, I'm not sure if it would be possible to accomplish or program. ;0)

Well, just to share with the community, just in case someone is interested in a workaround to edit the users avatars without needing to edit hole profile from the back-end with mandatory fields and check e-mail stuff , it is possible to edit and upload avatar form the front-end instead. For that you need to set in the CB configuration the moderation tab on the option 'Allow moderators to edit user profiles", just select the level you want. ;0)

Ok, please look back at first post. Nowhere do you mention superadmin concept.
How am I to guess? I am not a mind reader ;-)

Well, suggest you look at CB Configuration area - there is a setting to not check for mandatory fields in backend.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #165779 by lucato
Replied by lucato on topic Re: Ideas for Community Builder.

nant wrote: Ok, please look back at first post. Nowhere do you mention superadmin concept.

Well, go back too and read '1) User Management (Editing user)' so not a mind reader, but as a title reader, you should assume that 'user management' area is just for super administrator access... Heheheh, :0) Just kidding Nick. Ok, I should be more detailed. My fault. I'm sorry. ;0)

nant wrote: Well, suggest you look at CB Configuration area - there is a setting to not check for mandatory fields in backend.

Thanks for the tip, I set it but it still falls in the checking e-mail even selected to not check as mentioned in the link above (e-mail stuff). The workaround mentioned is faster action than from the back-end, and IMHO it shouldn't. Just my 2c as an user. ;0)

12 years 9 months ago #165820 by nant

lucato wrote:

nant wrote: Ok, please look back at first post. Nowhere do you mention superadmin concept.

Well, go back too and read '1) User Management (Editing user)' so not a mind reader, but as a title reader, you should assume that 'user management' area is just for super administrator access... Heheheh, :0) Just kidding Nick. Ok, I should be more detailed. My fault. I'm sorry. ;0)

nant wrote: Well, suggest you look at CB Configuration area - there is a setting to not check for mandatory fields in backend.

Thanks for the tip, I set it but it still falls in the checking e-mail even selected to not check as mentioned in the link above (e-mail stuff). The workaround mentioned is faster action than from the back-end, and IMHO it shouldn't. Just my 2c as an user. ;0)

Some checks you cannot avoid - username validity for example will always be checked.

Also the email check is performed and even if the ajax test fails as long as the email address appears to be correctly formed you will be able to save.
This will be improved in next CB version.

Nothing to do ofc with your initial request regarding avatar required field issue ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn