Community Builder registration redirect

12 years 1 week ago #197513 by hajopaj
Replied by hajopaj on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Cool!

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #201287 by andrex143
Replied by andrex143 on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Hi, if you want to redirect after registration you can do so. By modifying some core files here's how:

in comprofiler.php under components/com_comprofiler

in line 1048

1047: if ( $saveResult === true ) {
1048: $messagesToUser=activateUser($userComplete, 1, "UserRegistration" );
1049: }

change it to header('Location: <path>') ;

Hope this helps

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201467 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of the admins had any views on this?

The reason I ask is I would love to be able to redirect after registration back to the page the user was on. However having looked at the Auto Actions plugin (if I am correct and apologies if I have not understood the setup and I am wrong) but it can only redirect to one fixed url.

However my users could have been redirected to the registration form from any number of urls. What I was hoping to accomplish is, if I redirect them to the registration page and include the last page url base64 encoded in a query parameter (ie return=xxx) after all the registration stuff has been completed by comprofiler it would then redirect to this url.

Anyway my question, related to this topic is, if I do a redirect at the bottom of saveRegistration function in comprofiler.php, ie after line 1075, will all necessary registration stuff be completed or am I going to cut it off early?

I changed andrex143's idea slightly as doing a redirect at line 1048 will redirect if I am correct before any of the error output is give (if there is an error if the registration).

Could something like this be possibly included in a release of Auto Actions to redirect to a supplied "return" variable. It would be a very powerful addition in my view.

Thanks for your hard work and support.

Kind Regards

Mike

11 years 10 months ago #201484 by nant

ducks_mrd wrote: Hi All,

I was wondering if any of the admins had any views on this?

The reason I ask is I would love to be able to redirect after registration back to the page the user was on. However having looked at the Auto Actions plugin (if I am correct and apologies if I have not understood the setup and I am wrong) but it can only redirect to one fixed url.

However my users could have been redirected to the registration form from any number of urls. What I was hoping to accomplish is, if I redirect them to the registration page and include the last page url base64 encoded in a query parameter (ie return=xxx) after all the registration stuff has been completed by comprofiler it would then redirect to this url.

Anyway my question, related to this topic is, if I do a redirect at the bottom of saveRegistration function in comprofiler.php, ie after line 1075, will all necessary registration stuff be completed or am I going to cut it off early?

I changed andrex143's idea slightly as doing a redirect at line 1048 will redirect if I am correct before any of the error output is give (if there is an error if the registration).

Could something like this be possibly included in a release of Auto Actions to redirect to a supplied "return" variable. It would be a very powerful addition in my view.

Thanks for your hard work and support.

Kind Regards

Mike

Did you check the new Incubator add-on?
Core redirect plugin?

11 years 10 months ago #201492 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Good Afternoon Nant,

Apologies however I am not too sure which plugin you are referring too.

Yes, I have already installed the core redirect plugin, found at:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/77-free-member-download-area
However I am not sure how this is going to help with my question above.

Could you possibly provide a link to the incubator plugin you are referring to as there are no projects with that name. I can only find the file above.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

11 years 10 months ago #201504 by nant

ducks_mrd wrote: Good Afternoon Nant,

Apologies however I am not too sure which plugin you are referring too.

Yes, I have already installed the core redirect plugin, found at:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/77-free-member-download-area
However I am not sure how this is going to help with my question above.

Could you possibly provide a link to the incubator plugin you are referring to as there are no projects with that name. I can only find the file above.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

actually it sin the free download area:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_download/304-cb-core-redirect-joomla-plugin-10-package

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn