Change picture as admin

18 years 4 months ago #2922 by Locutus
Change picture as admin was created by Locutus
Hi All,

As a admin you can change the contents of the fields in the user profile. But I can't find a place to change the profile picture of a user, when being administrator. I sure I overlooking something..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2925 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Change picture as admin
You didn't overlook anything.
Current functionality enables admins/moderators to approve new photos or reject them.

18 years 4 months ago #2941 by FerretLife
Replied by FerretLife on topic Re:Change picture as admin
It can be done if you are familiar with phpmyadmin. I need to do this for an employee website.

1) Open phpMyAdmin and brouse the #_comprofiler table. You will see a list of all your users with a number assigned to each. Example: Steve is id 62.

2) Take your picture of Steve and resize to 200x267 (don't know if nessasary) and rename it 62.jpg. Then resize it again to 60x80 and save as tn62.jpg.

3) FTP both images to ../images/comprofiler.

4) Go back to your phpMyAdmin and edit Steve. Go to the row that says "Avatar". Uncheck "Null". Type in 62.jpg in Avatar Value. Go to the bottom and click "Go".

5) You're done!

It would be nice to have the admin be able to do this in the backend. I got this information a long time ago off the old CB site.

18 years 3 months ago #4668 by jholdaway
Replied by jholdaway on topic Re:Change picture as admin
I need this too. Is this the only fix? we have 20 member now but the group is only a few weeks old.

18 years 3 months ago #4732 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Change picture as admin
Heres a thread talking about resizing. On the second page Peter Mixt mentions something about doing a large batch in Photo shop. Might help with the 200 member photos.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,838/catid,11/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn