More tabs on user profiles?

18 years 3 months ago #4503 by nbarfoot101
More tabs on user profiles? was created by nbarfoot101
How do you get to display more tabs on the users profile, dislpayed publicly?

Ive added some, and made them visible on profile, but they dont show up when you go to their profile.

The only person who sees the feilds are them, when they log in, and even then, they have to go into the edit menu.

how do you get them to display with the other tabs such as forum, blogs, connections etc.

thanks.
--nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4504 by jfsmith3
Replied by jfsmith3 on topic Re:More tabs on user profiles?
Do you have fields associated with those new tabs?
has the user 'editted' their profile to put values in those fields?

if all that is true....then ya should be good to go.

18 years 3 months ago #4512 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:More tabs on user profiles?
The tabs that show up on the main profile screen are plugins. If you don't have a certain plugin installed it will not show up. If the plugin is installed there will not be a tab visable until it has data to output. For example the "latest visitors" plugin tab. If you are the first person to visit a new members profile you will not see that tab. If you refresh the screen that tab will show up and your profile will be in there as a visitor.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 months ago #4939 by procreate
Replied by procreate on topic Re:More tabs on user profiles?
where do you get these "plugins"? the tabs on the initial install are very few. i was looking at the tabs here and it is incredible... do you make those in the tab manager? is there a place for documentation on how to implement CB into your site?

like i have forum tab published but no forum tab on my profile.

Post edited by: procreate, at: 2006/01/28 10:26

18 years 3 months ago #4967 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:More tabs on user profiles?
First you have to have the component installed. This site uses Joomlaboard. There is a link for it at the bottom of the forum. The plugin for Joomlaboard should be already installed. Just install joomlaboard and publish the plug in. The tab will not show up until it has something to show, so make some test postss.

Go to www.joomlaya.com for downloading components and modules.

CB supports mamblog. The plugin is already installed, you just have to go download mamblog.

In the download section here their is a list of other plugins.

Some of the plugins are being tested right now and you will have to do a search on the forum.

The lastviews plugin can be found here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,3875/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Everything for the "connections" tab should be intalled. In CB plugin manager you have to publish the plug in. You also have to go to CB config and enabe connectios from the "connection" tab.

Good luck

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/01/28 18:10

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/01/28 18:56

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 months ago #4994 by procreate
Replied by procreate on topic Re:More tabs on user profiles?
i have the joomlaforum 1.1.2 installed and posts on it... i also have mamblog installed [which that tab works], oh crap user error as always. now if i can get that lastviews tab to show up now :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn