Major Concerns and questions

18 years 3 months ago #4514 by TUSE
Major Concerns and questions was created by TUSE
I have used mambo along time. I just started using Joomla which is basically the same thing.. also just found CB about 2 weeks ago.. as I stated. I love it..

I have a couple of questions if someone could answer them for me it would be greatly appreciated.. if you have a link to download them, it would be even better..

1) Will any scripts that work on Joomla work on CB? For example. I have amember and for joomla (payment/member script) but have read that it will not work on CB. Is this true?

2) Are there any payment scripts out that will let the people pay and then grant them access to another group/special within joomla?

3) I also need a media script. Something that will allow us to upload video files that only paid members can access

4) Games script that will allow all visitors or members to play games on the site and keep high score?

5) Is there a way to make the joomla forum show up and take up the entire page rather than it being smaller. I have a set width on my reg pages?

Any help on these would be really appreciated.. and I need them desperately..

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4524 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Major Concerns and questions
1) No, not all. Membership scripts generally do need to be modified to work with CB

2) Yes. See google "joomla paypal" for alternatives. Or search this forum, there is a lot of discussion around this.

3&4) Try joomlaforge, or joomlancers.com However, I doubt that there is a media script available.

5) Make a custom template for the page

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #4525 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Major Concerns and questions
(1) - All components/scripts that work off the standard Joomla authentication scheme (with no extra code or modifications) will work off the CB authentication.

18 years 3 months ago #4526 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:Major Concerns and questions
Thanks guys.. that was a big concern.. I was not sure since it used a different login that it would work.

Thanks

18 years 3 months ago #4580 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:Major Concerns and questions
I understand how to make the custom forum template.. but how would you implement it? Do I edit the forum code?

Would be cool if I could just turn the left column off but the way the forum installed, it will not allow me to do that..

So how would you get the forum only to use the new template?

TIA

Tim

18 years 3 months ago #4582 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Major Concerns and questions
I chose to implement PHPBB instead of Joomlaboard, so I'm not the Joomlaboard styling expert. However, I would suggest that you develop a one-column version of your site template, and assign it to your forum link. The one column template will load with the forum. I've done this and it works. However, I was wrapping PHPBB, whereas Joomlaboard is a component whose output is given by mosMainBody()

Roger

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn