Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof

18 years 2 months ago #5401 by jfsmith3
Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof was created by jfsmith3
Do the default gallery avatars not get thumbsized?

I took out all the default Win XP looking default avatars that users could select and put in some that are more along the theme of my website. I recall that the frog and whatnots that were there before were small.

What i am seeing now is that the avatar in people connection lists are just huge... not resized at all. I would rather not have to make all the default avatars thumbsized like the originals were.

Is there something I am missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8550 by pertorstensson
Replied by pertorstensson on topic Re:Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof
I've got the same problem... :blush:

Is there a way to keep a gallery for the users to choose from with both bigger avatar images AND thumbnails?

18 years 1 month ago #8579 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof
I have found that the images need to be submited though the cb "update your image" link in the profile to get resized

This is where the image software image magick, gd2library and or netpbm resizes the image.

The joomla media manager is not set up to use the image software.

I don't understand all this totally but I know that they will not get resized in the gallery.

I guess the only thing that can be done if you want to change those pics is to resize them yourself and make them an appropriate size.

You could use this as a way to motivate your users to upload their one image.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/03/20 19:15

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 1 month ago #8584 by pertorstensson
Replied by pertorstensson on topic Re:Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof
I'm perfectly fine with resizing the avatars for my gallery by myself, but the thing for me is that I can't seem to get CB to know that it exists a thumbnail in the gallery directory. Adding the prefix "tn" to my thumbnail images doesn't do it for me, and after that I'm unfortunatly out of ideas how to solve the problem with providing the users a gallery with both "full-sized" images AND thumbnailes.

Anyone got a suggestion?

18 years 1 month ago #8624 by ZIB
Replied by ZIB on topic Re:Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof
I am also trying to find a solution to this problem. If anyone figures anything out please let me know.

18 years 1 month ago #8823 by Frano8
Replied by Frano8 on topic Re:Gallery Thumbnails..or lack thereof
To support the other users who are having problems with the avatar gallery, I too would like to know if there is a solution to this.

Just a thought, is there a way to change the number of images displayed in the avatar gallery per row and column?

Wouldnt solve the problem but would stop my template from being broken ?!;)

Francis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn