Creation group

12 years 11 months ago #164233 by AirVe
Creation group was created by AirVe
Hello,

I'm new and I just bought the product and CB Groupjive. I am very happy and I have a question about Groupjive.

How can I change the page creating new groups such as it appears that the fields Name, Description and logo only. The other fields should be locked out so that we can not change them. At least we can hide them?

Can you help me please?

Many thanks
Hervé

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #164266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Creation group
All non-required fields can be removed as you see fit, but I don't recommended it as it allows customization of the group to the individual. At any rate to remove them you need to edit the template file found within GJ template folder. Location as follows. If you're meaning "Category" and "Owner" parameters then only Moderators can change them.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/group_edit.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164335 by AirVe
Replied by AirVe on topic Re: Creation group
Thank you very much for your reply, and I looked at the code but I am a bit stuck by my knowledge.
Frontend side, I would like just to block or hide for frontend users, the access to fields that are white on the pictures below:
Could you show me the lines to edit and how to change. Should I put / / before the lines?

Another question, how do I change the explanations of English in French in the icon i. Could you tell me which file I can find them?.

Again sorry for my requests for beginner and thank you for your patience.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164390 by krileon
3 of the selected fields are Required, meaning you can not remove them as attempting to save a group without them will result in validation errors. As for the others you simply find them in the location I've already provided and comment them out (with //). Integrations is a single field however and disabling it will hide ALL integration parameters (Wall, Forums, etc...).

Another question, how do I change the explanations of English in French in the icon i. Could you tell me which file I can find them?.

GJ comes with an English language plugin. Simply install and translate as necessary. Language is translated from same location any string in CB is translated from (language folder). See CB documentation regarding language file location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #164432 by AirVe
Replied by AirVe on topic Re: Creation group
Hello,
I think I misspoke. (between google and my English translation ...).

I do not want to delete but I want to hide those fields that do not appear in the frontend. The default values ​​should remain unchanged but should not appear in the frontend.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the information about languages

Thank you
Hervé

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164594 by krileon

Is this possible?

Yes, you have to edit the template as instructed earlier and remove them. Alternatively you could just use CSS and set their display to hidden (they'll still show in the websites source though). Again however, you can not remove Required fields. Doing so will prevent the group from ever saving due to validation errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn