Let User Creat User Groups (School-Classes)

18 years 1 month ago #9012 by be4real
Hi there...

During my studies as civil engineer I built up my self a class-homepage where all my school mates put their infomations like addresses, mobilnumber, email and so on. We as well have a little Picture Gallery online. All this is of course only available if you're loged in. Now when we all finished our study It's very usefull to have this information on our page, because this way we find out very fast where each one lives and works. We as well use the guest book to communicate together.

Now I'm thinking about to built a new page. This time with Joomla instead of improving my old one. But I don't want to build only a new class-page. I want to make it more officaly like a community page.

So every user should be able to creat a user group (Like the school class) and then invite other users to join. Other user should also be able to ask for joing to a existing group. So the initiator is like the class-boss and can control the users registered to the group. It also should be possible to join different groups at the same time.

After that every user of a group is able to upload pictures to its group picture gallery. And everybody of this group is alowed to look at those pictures but none other of course!

So the idea is that other civil-engineers may join the community and invite their class mates to join to. Maybe they also put some pictuers of their study-time on the page, but the most important feature is to be able to see the addressinformation of their class mates. There are older classes and new school classes...

I'm not sure about how I want to make the control mechanisem for the uploaded stuff. But this is secondary....

I'm still thinking of it...
Let's see if some one out there made such a community group already! I think it would be nice add on for the community bilder!

Following addon's would be:
- a group picture-gallery
- a group guestbook/blackboard
- a group text collection.. (articles of running projects..)
- a addresstable print out of all group members..
- a group forum
- a group news
- a group events
- a group birthday reminder

Any other ideas? ;) I do have!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #9030 by mangoman
Replied by mangoman on topic Re:Let User Creat User Groups (School-Classes)
Excellent ...now that I'm subscribed to this topic I'll hope that some of the other Joomlapolitans will also be watching this post and lend a hand or some ideas!

17 years 11 months ago #12078 by chac416
perfecto, im looking for the same...
there's groupjive (groupjive.com) , but it doesn't have all those addons and seems to still have lot of bugs...

17 years 10 months ago #15960 by wurzel
Seems like a popular idea, that's exactly what I want as well!
I'm only now getting into php myself so I don't fancy taking it on myself. But I was thinking of posting it on joomlancers.com, see if I could get someone interested in doing it. If a few people all put some money in it might work. Any takers? :)

17 years 10 months ago #16254 by jsolutions
Replied by jsolutions on topic Re:Let User Creat User Groups (School-Classes)
I agree that this would be a profoundly useful plug-in. Adding my comment so I'll be notified on action on this post.

If worse comes to worse, I may try to tackle it myself. I'm a professional developer, but new to Joomla/Mambo so I need to get myself oriented a bit.

17 years 10 months ago #16318 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Let User Creat User Groups (School-Classes)
Hi,
I´m also interested in some of the described functionality´s.

Using groupjive for my community makes only to show that i´m interested in a group, but to have a group owned part in a forum (now using joomlaboard) and get informed about new messages in that "group-Forum" would be one of the big first steps.

BEst regards from HAnover

Bernd

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn