[SOLVED] bug in cb menu

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #215829 by erilam
[SOLVED] bug in cb menu was created by erilam
Hello,

I want to create a menu to a user list with joomla 2.5.8 and CB 1.9 and there's a bug with it. If I choose "Users List" I have this screen :

As you can see there's a problem because I can't choose a list in the right panel. :(

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #215833 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: bug in cb menu
It's due to Joomla 1.6+ not recognizing "task" and instead is looking for "view". You'll be able to use the links (ignore that it says Logout action), but you won't be able to specify any of the link specific parameters without editing the URL directly in database or using an External link.

We've attempted to inform them of this and even go as far as provide possible fixes, but it's basically not going to be fixed as it's considered depreciated usage and we can't adapt CB to utilize the new usage without massive changes to core CB to utilize "view" instead of "task".

This will be fixed with CB 2.0 however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #215846 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic Re: bug in cb menu

krileon wrote: It's due to Joomla 1.6+ not recognizing "task" and instead is looking for "view". You'll be able to use the links (ignore that it says Logout action), but you won't be able to specify any of the link specific parameters without editing the URL directly in database or using an External link.

Yes I use the external link but with this method I loose the ID to assign modulesjust in this part.

krileon wrote: We've attempted to inform them of this and even go as far as provide possible fixes, but it's basically not going to be fixed as it's considered depreciated usage and we can't adapt CB to utilize the new usage without massive changes to core CB to utilize "view" instead of "task".

Of course

krileon wrote: This will be fixed with CB 2.0 however.

And CB 2.0 is for Xmas, isn't it Santa Claus ? ^^

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

11 years 4 months ago #215854 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: bug in cb menu

Yes I use the external link but with this method I loose the ID to assign modulesjust in this part.

Yup, unfortunately that's one of the larger drawbacks to using external links. The alternative is to create an Internal link then edit the menu URL within _menus table and add your parameters as needed (e.g. &listid=LIST_ID).

CB 2.0 likely won't be out this year, but instead early next year as we've a lot of work to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #215865 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic Re: bug in cb menu

krileon wrote:

Yup, unfortunately that's one of the larger drawbacks to using external links. The alternative is to create an Internal link then edit the menu URL within _menus table and add your parameters as needed (e.g. &listid=LIST_ID).

Good idea ;)

krileon wrote:

CB 2.0 likely won't be out this year, but instead early next year as we've a lot of work to do.

It was a joke ;) In 2011 Beat told me at the french Joomladay in Lyon that he will be happy if he could show a peace of CB 2.0 at J&B and he also explains me that it was a hard work to make this version. Lots of us knows that you are working ard to do that and that you have to maintain, answer and developp at the same time for CB and CBsubs and all plugins around....

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn