Publish and display articles

11 years 2 months ago #220499 by alanbagley
Publish and display articles was created by alanbagley
Hi Guys,

I am using Joomlapolis Community Builder software and i went through all the back end profile and Login system in which its make sense for me how we can create new account and create new profile and we can manage or edit it when we are logged in. But i have got very big issue related to displaying articles in the front end without any logged in. That means any website user can read and see of users articles on website but they should not have any access to edit any articles just they can read and making comments or giving rates to them.
But i cant find the way how articles can be displayed in front end on website page when users (who registered with CB profile) will be create new articles and people can see or read it for review, suggestion and people can rate on it.

Please if anybody can help me out for it that would be appreciated.
thanks. cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #220543 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Publish and display articles
This is really a question on Joomla itself, not CB ;)

The documentation site of joomla is very rich, and the most efficient way to search it is with google with such a query:

site:docs.joomla.org access level for article

This leads to the first 3 search results giving you full insight :) :

joomla 1.5 + 2.5/3.0:
docs.joomla.org/Restricting_access_to_an_Article

docs.joomla.org/User_Group_Access_levels_explained_in_simple_terms

Joomla 2.5/3.0:
docs.joomla.org/Access_Control_List/2.5/Tutorial

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: alanbagley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.627 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn