Conflict with other plugins

11 years 2 months ago #221115 by hbf1000
Conflict with other plugins was created by hbf1000
There are some pages on my website which have MultiAds plugin (providing Adsense) OR AllVideos plugin (providing video). Some of this pages are also protect by CBSubs. In this case, none of those plugins run.

Is there anything that I am missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221180 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conflict with other plugins
Do they run if you have access to the protected page or does it not matter? Shouldn't be any sort of issue. Are these plugins Joomla content plugins meant to do replacements in Joomla articles? There shouldn't be a conflict of any kind. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting when testing to see if any errors occur.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #221186 by hbf1000
Replied by hbf1000 on topic Conflict with other plugins
I enabled Debug but could not see errors.

I did more detailed testing and the results are bellow:

A) Testing the Adsense plugin (display Adsense before Joomla article)

Scenario 1: guest user and article not protected by CBSubs
Result: the ad is displayed

Scenario 2: guest user and article protected by CBSubs
Result: the ad is NOT displayed (the read more link is displayed and work properly, directing to the register page)

Scenario 3: logged in user (with proper plan subscription) and article not protected by CBSubs

Scenario 4: logged in user (with proper plan subscription) and article protected by CBSubs

B- Testing the All Video plugin

The same pattern as on A)

Regarding your question "Are these plugins Joomla content plugins meant to do replacements in Joomla articles?" I believe the answer is no for the Adsense plugin and yes to the All Video plugin (since it replaces a tag like {mp4}something{/mp4} with the proper video).

Tks,
Herbert

11 years 2 months ago #221209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conflict with other plugins
CBSubs protection is protecting the entire articles content and depending on how your 3rd party plugins work it's protecting them too. Normally such displays should be done with a module. Maybe try placing the tags in the articles intro then allowing intro display within CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > Content/Extensions? Are these plugins System plugins? If they are try ordering the after CBSubs bot (also try before) to see if their execution order will help.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221217 by hbf1000
Replied by hbf1000 on topic Conflict with other plugins

krileon wrote: Maybe try placing the tags in the articles intro then allowing intro display within CBSubs > Settings > Integrations > Content/Extensions?

This is not practical, since there are hundreds of articles.

krileon wrote: Are these plugins System plugins? If they are try ordering the after CBSubs bot (also try before) to see if their execution order will help.

Both Adsense and All Video are content plugins. I tried to change the order as you suggested but this did not change anything.

More ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn