Fixed Calendar date subscription plan

10 years 6 months ago #235673 by xoomserve2
Fixed Calendar date subscription plan was created by xoomserve2
Hello,

We are setup soccer school membership.
Our school membership started in fixed date: Sep. 1st (Sometime changed) and Ended in June 30.
So the Full season is only 10 months.

Now, Would you please help me in the following:
I need to set the following plan:
1- Registration for the school is a must and must apply for all client by default.
2- We need to set Full season plan started with the Sep first and ended in June 30.
3- If a member will subscribe today for Full season plan, it must expire also in June 30, but we need to make calculation for the past period, is this possible?
3- We need to set 4 Month started in TODAY DATE and ended after 4 month
4- We need to set 6 Month started in TODAY DATE and ended after 6 months OR in June 30 as max

First,
I can see in the plan if I will chose per month the max is 9 months

Is there a way to force membership expire in June 30?
Is there a way to force Full season plan to calculate the remaining price depending on remaining period?

Please advise,

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Tariq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fixed Calendar date subscription plan

1- Registration for the school is a must and must apply for all client by default.

Set all your plans as exclusive then within CBSubs disable free registrations without a subscription.

2- We need to set Full season plan started with the Sep first and ended in June 30.

Not possible, you can't set fixed start and expiration dates for plans. The best you could do is use by calendar year duration and set the start month and day.

3- If a member will subscribe today for Full season plan, it must expire also in June 30, but we need to make calculation for the past period, is this possible?

Don't understand what you mean by calculating for past period. You can only force expire on June 30th by using By Calendar Year duration.

3- We need to set 4 Month started in TODAY DATE and ended after 4 month
4- We need to set 6 Month started in TODAY DATE and ended after 6 months OR in June 30 as max

The "this and next 3 months" and "this and next 5 months" durations should be fine for these 2 usages. You can't force expire in June 30th with either of these methods.

I can see in the plan if I will chose per month the max is 9 months

There's no 10 month duration.

Is there a way to force membership expire in June 30?

No, normally you'd use a by calendar year duration plan and set the start month and day. However in your case there is no such thing as a 10 month year. Maybe it's best to just use a full year plan? The additional 2 months of non-use shouldn't cause problems.

Is there a way to force Full season plan to calculate the remaining price depending on remaining period?

Don't understand the question. You want to discount the next purchase based off remaining time? If this is the case then yes just enable Prorating on the pricing tab of the plan being upgraded from and the plan being upgraded to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235687 by xoomserve2
Replied by xoomserve2 on topic Fixed Calendar date subscription plan
Hello krileon,

Thank you for the fast reply as well as the professional way of this reply.
Please forgave my English.

I was wondering, why only 9 months you choose?

Please note the explanation for the non understandable points on my previous question:

Both are related to each other.
The reason for this question, as we are soccer school,
We only support seasonal membership as I informed, starting from September ending in June and this is 10 Month Membership.

And our member can join us any time between this starting and ending period to pay the following:
1- Registration fees ==> is a must for all membership periods.
2- Membership fees==> Full Season, 4 Month, 6 Month, and renewal.

Now, I can fix the quote question related to the Full season membership (10 Month)for the members who joined us after SEPTEMBER by creating 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Month Membership plan as this will grant ending on the requested date (June)

But still have big problem for the Member who started in the start of the season SEPTEMBER, How can I solve the 10 Month issue?

And again my Questions:
1- Why you choose 9 Month as the max of the subscription membership in your settings?
2- And what the problem to add Starting date/Expiring Date in Calender setting?

Not all business has the same way of making calculation.

Please advise me.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Tariq

10 years 6 months ago #235689 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fixed Calendar date subscription plan

1- Why you choose 9 Month as the max of the subscription membership in your settings?

No idea, it's just where we stopped, but even if 10 month was provided it wouldn't solve your issue as it'd begin when they subscribed and end exactly 10 months later. It would not begin or expire on a specific month-day combination. You can modify the below XML file and add more durations, but they may or may not work.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.plugin.xml

2- And what the problem to add Starting date/Expiring Date in Calender setting?

Only by calendar year can have a start month-day. There are no other durations that can do this at this time as there is no code in place to calculate the start and expiration for a 10 month duration like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235690 by xoomserve2
Replied by xoomserve2 on topic Fixed Calendar date subscription plan
Well, Thank you again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn