Member/non Member Homepage Setup

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310859 by bins
Member/non Member Homepage Setup was created by bins
Hiya,

I need to go back to basics with something, but now unsure how to handle/setup.

My standard home page shows a number of modules that are set to be viewed by 'guests' (promotional, salesy stuff). When a member logs in, these modules disappear and 'Member' modules are shown (I have set up a new user group called Members). So, there is one home page with content that can be seen depending if you are logged in or not.

Is this the best way to set the site up or is there something more simple or obvious that I am missing (I set this up a couple years ago!).

The reason for wanting to clarify is that some members are logging in and getting a 'you are not authorised to view this' message, but the only things being blocked/hidden are the guest modules.

Any thoughts or guidance appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member/non Member Homepage Setup

Is this the best way to set the site up or is there something more simple or obvious that I am missing (I set this up a couple years ago!).

What you're doing is the correct way to have guest only content.

The reason for wanting to clarify is that some members are logging in and getting a 'you are not authorised to view this' message, but the only things being blocked/hidden are the guest modules.

Only reason for that is whatever page they're trying to access is no longer accessible. Ensure your Home menu item is Public access and not Guest. Aside from that you'll need to ask what URL they were one when trying to login. Maybe a login redirect URL in your CB Login Module is configured incorrectly and trying to send to a page that doesn't exist or they can't access?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn