Lost Users

5 years 1 month ago #311004 by MarylandShallIssue
Lost Users was created by MarylandShallIssue
Hello, we're running into an issue on our site where we are intermittently losing users even though they are subscribed to the site. The payments are shown in our CB Subs subscription system but the users are not showing as users in Joomla or Community Builder.

This is for the site www.marylandshallissue.org. It's running CB 2.4.0.

Joomla is 3.9.1
PHP is 7.1.26

Relevant plugins:
Community Builder
CB Paid Subscriptions
CBJuice 2
Kunena Forums

The site also users a few other extensions:
JoomCareer
MijiShop
JEvents
Regular Labs
There are a few other extensions/modules related to the template/editor/modules, but nothing that should affect users.

I was able to find additional users who were missing by looking at payments made in the payment basket part of CB Subs. Here’s the breadcrumbs to follow the trail.

Finding missing users.

• In CB Subs admin portal, look at Payment Baskets and find where users are ‘—‘ by shorting on Username column.

• Look at the payment basket ID

• Run a SQL query against the cbsubs_payment_baskets table

• SELECT id, user_id FROM `dto85_cbsubs_payment_baskets` WHERE id IN (1206, 1830, 2400, 2483)

• Run a SQL query against the comprofiler table

• SELECT * FROM `dto85_comprofiler` WHERE user_id IN (2147, 3798, 3331, 3721)

None of the resulting user ID show up in the user table.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to restore these lost users and get a list of those that should have had active memberships so we can reach out to them and recover gracefully?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311021 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost Users
Something would have to be deleting them. Either one of your admins is doing it or something installed is doing it. If you've CB Privacy installed it provides a field for users to delete themselves, but I can't see why they'd buy something then delete their account. Aside from that you'd need to review what all you've installed to see if something has functionality to do this.

If you've made any test accounts to test your site then those could be test accounts you've long deleted, but forgot to cancel their recurring subscriptions. I recommend finding the recurring subscriptions for those missing accounts in your payment gateway and cancel them so they don't keep billing. This of course assumes you're using recurring subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311032 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Lost Users
I've reviewed the plugins and components we have installed. None of them would have the ability to delete users on the site without the intervention of an administrator.

That said, half the admin accounts haven't been logged into recently, and it's unlikely that the rest of them would have had a hand in deleting accounts like that.

I would very much appreciate it if you got into our site and had a look around yourself. Let me know what sort of access you'll need and I can get the appropriate accounts put together.

5 years 1 month ago #311042 by krileon
The only case for automatic deletion is if you've CBSubs configured in CBSubs > Settings > Global to not allow free registrations within a subscription, the user has no subscription, and they have been marked as blocked. It can't delete them if they have a subscription or aren't Joomla blocked. This is primarily to cover the site requiring a subscription and the user cancels the basket during registration.

Aside from that we have no other form of automatic user deletion. It simply does not exist. Not even in CB Auto Actions unless specifically coded in with a Code action by calling the necessary API. A user delete requires manual action on either an admins part or if CB Privacy is installed and you have the profile_delete field available then the user can delete themselves. Do you have CB Privacy installed or are using Joomlas privacy suite to allow users to delete themselves?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago #311091 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Lost Users
When you say "blocked" what do you mean? We do have a scenario where a user signs up and we require a response from a confirmation email. They can sign up as a site user AND sign up for a plan (subscription) at the same time. Could there be a scenario where they would be "blocked" (not confirmed) and have a subscription where you might auto delete the users?

5 years 1 month ago #311098 by krileon

Could there be a scenario where they would be "blocked" (not confirmed) and have a subscription where you might auto delete the users?

No. The auto deletion is to cover the case where a subscription is required and the user chooses to cancel the basket during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds