Query Drop Down - Single Select displaying Value not Label after update

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #311542 by krileon

However, the last problem noted - the conditional text field is not resolved with the latest patch.

Have you updated to the latest CB Core Fields Ajax build released today? I've confirmed it works fine chaining 4 fields together using Update On and conditioning in CB Conditional. If you're conditioning a field that is not a part of the Update On then the condition is not going to change its results when Update On triggers, because Update On only sends the value of fields that are selected in Update On.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #311547 by cpaschen
OH ... I hadn't, because when I went to the Plugins page - it still showed the Core Fields Ajax as Green.

However ... when I went to the install via download tab within CB plugins it did show that there was an update.

I installed the update and YEAHHHH It is all working now!!!!!

Thanks for continuing through this so that are horribly complex fields now work again!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 3 weeks ago #311587 by cpaschen
Well, just when I thought it was all working properly, it is not.

The last text field in this set, which is a text field, is conditional (field conditional show) on the last (3rd) sql drop-down field (when the drop-down has a value of '9999') [cb_parishid ; Equal To; Value:9999;Translate:No) and in the CB Core Fields Ajax is set to Update On the cb_parishid field, is not working.

The field is hidden when the form is displayed; however, as soon as the 1st sql drop-down field is changed, the text field is always shown - even though that 1st field is not in the Update On settings. Even when selecting an entry in the cb_parishid field with a value other than 9999, the text field is still shown.

I have 2 other text fields that are set similarly but display based on the settings (and update on) of the 1st and 2nd drop downs.
It is only this final text (on the 3rd drop-down) that is acting strange.

We are current with all updates as of about 1 hour ago.

Any other ideas?

5 years 3 weeks ago #311601 by krileon
Was able to confirm with 1 of 3 text fields chained together with my country > state > city select fields. Appears to be a rebinding issue in CB Conditional when the Update On ajax updates condition target elements. I've already fixed in latest CB Conditional build now available. This is a part 2 bug and have added bug tickets for both issues found.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7518
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7519

I now have the following test case setup and works perfectly:

Country (query select) > Custom Country (text) > State (query select) > Custom State (text) > City (query select) > Custom City (text)

This allows the chain to each have a Custom option which will display a text field and show the next field in the chain based off its value confirming multiple conditions and Update On usage chaining is reliable.

Hopefully there won't be any further issues, but I do have to say you've a complex setup that I certainly appreciate as I don't think we'd of tracked this down otherwise.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 3 weeks ago #311613 by cpaschen
Thanks. That looks GREAT.

Also, the entire form is now working MUCH faster. The queries appear to be almost instantaneous. Possibly those dependencies were trying to resolve but couldn't for some reason, but just kept trying.

Either way, the form is now working VERY fast and looks to be very stable now.

HOPEFULLY we can close this for good now!

Leave it to me to 'push the envelope' on extensions :-)
I'm thinking that maybe I should do a presentation at our next JUG on 'how to push extensions until they break' - and then explain how to work with extension devs to test the code to make it work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

5 years 3 weeks ago #311615 by krileon

Also, the entire form is now working MUCH faster. The queries appear to be almost instantaneous. Possibly those dependencies were trying to resolve but couldn't for some reason, but just kept trying.

Either way, the form is now working VERY fast and looks to be very stable now.

Yup, there was a lot of looping and rebinding going on that shouldn't have. CB Conditional in fact could not clean it self up when an instance was destroyed and that it self was causing serious slow downs. To the point that I could crash my browser with infinite looped JS in some instances. I've fixed all those JS issues now so hopefully should remain performant.

HOPEFULLY we can close this for good now!

Fingers crossed no more issues, but if you see any I'll be glad to help. :)

I'm thinking that maybe I should do a presentation at our next JUG on 'how to push extensions until they break' - and then explain how to work with extension devs to test the code to make it work.

Sounds like a good idea!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn