Dealing with aged accounts

4 years 11 months ago #312058 by bcraigie
Dealing with aged accounts was created by bcraigie
Is there a general procedure for dealing with CB users who've not logged in for a long time (like 1 year)?

There's a Joomla module called RegReminder I could use, but if CB has something already built-in, it makes sense to use it.

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dealing with aged accounts
Dealing with them how? Deleting them? Emailing them? You'll need to be more specific.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312104 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic Dealing with aged accounts
Well that was kind of what I was asking. What do other people do? This must be a common problem. :S

One of the sites I run and administer has over 3000 registered users, but only about 25 have actually logged in recently, and the assumption is the rest have lost interest or forgotten they had ever registered. There may be GDPR implications of keeping dormant forum accounts enabled.

So, the obvious solution is to send an email to any registered user who hasn't logged-in for a specifiable time (eg 1 year) and capture any bounces and make the users inactive if the emails bounce. Then after a further configurable time, eg a month, make inactive anyone who still hasn't logged back in after their previous reminder or replied to an email

Since Community Builder doesn't appear to have a solution natively, I'll just use the Joomla add-on RegReminder.

Thanks

Brian

4 years 11 months ago #312109 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dealing with aged accounts
You can filter CB > User Management by last visit date then delete them or email them using Mass Mailer button. There's no automated user deletion in CB and we've no plans to ever implement it as it's just too dangerous of a feature to have (e.g. the support nightmare of someone accidentally purging their entire userbase would not be good).

As for email reminder CBSubs Mailer can condition off of last visit date as well by configuring a mailer to have "Relative to this date of the plans below" set to "Member's Last Online Date", which could be used to automated reminders. Beyond that the only other way to have such a reminder email would be CB Auto Actions and its Internal Users trigger which loops your entire userbase through the auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bcraigie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn