[SOLVED] hide html-field regarding to privacy setting of other fields?

4 years 4 months ago #315888 by ericmuc
Hi,
hmm, so my needs can not be satisfied. As I wrote, "empty" for conditions of the fields below is not enough:

Case 1
If the headline is set to public and the user set the privacy setting of the fields below to "users", in public view the headline is shown but noting below.

Case 2
If the headline is set to "users", the headline is not shown if the users sets the privacy of the fields below to "public".

So I have to look for a solution for my needs. May be I have to quit the privacy settings for the user because of this. I don't want to have a scenario of not shown fields with headline over nothing and vice versa.

As I wrote, may be this missing function is something for future development.

Thanks again, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315897 by krileon
Again, you need to use CB Conditional. Your exact usecase is already being used by Quickstart on our demosite. Review the conditions of cb_details_header on our demo site. There is no missing function. Conditioning a fields display based off the value of others is what CB Conditional does. The CB Privacy case only applies if you need Field A to have same privacy as Field B, but you can't use that usage since you've multiple fields that need to cause Field A to display so you have to use CB Conditional usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

4 years 4 months ago #315914 by ericmuc
Hi,
Now I understand and it works!
Here "empty" don't means empty value of the mysql data field, but empty value of the html-output!
Sorry for the long thread, but I didn't got this until now.
Thanks! And again I see how mighty CB is. Great to can use it.
Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn