GroupJive Events custom fields

1 week 5 days ago #316583 by krileon

Also it seems that [var1_params] does not substitute anything with the trigger gj_onDisplayEvent whatever settings I use ?
So I had to use

The variables for gj_onDisplayEvent are as follows.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'gj_onDisplayEvent', array( &$row, &$menu, $group, $user ) );

You can access parameters with var1 perfectly fine. For example [var1_params_dropdown] using the param name in my previous example. If using PHP you can also just call the below directly.

$myCustomParam = $variables['var1']->params()->get( 'dropdown' );

And finally can you tell me where to insert the event edit template because it does not seem to display when I put one in a new GJ template whatever path I try

You'd need to add your custom input to the below template file since there is no trigger for outputting new inputs in event edit.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/templates/default/event_edit.php

You of course should make these changes in a custom template to avoid losing changes on update so you'll want to copy event_edit.php to a new folder created in the below path.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/templates

So for example you'd have the below folder.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/templates/new_template

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
1 week 5 days ago #316586 by activha
Thanks a lot for all !
We're building really nice things thanks to your help and all the APIs :-)
1 week 5 days ago #316588 by activha
And I have still a final question :-)
Don't know if it should be in this post or more general though as it has to do with dropdown query field.

This is a query for the #__groupjive_plugin_events table and in the options parameter, I have set Value column to Id, Label Column to title and Group column to Params.

This works fine but the display is of course grouped by {"dropdown":"10"}

Can I substitute something in this area to get a nicer display such as Category One for instance ? with cb if ?
1 week 5 days ago #316590 by krileon
Only value is ever stored. You should be processing the value on display into its formatted value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
1 week 5 days ago #316592 by activha
Yes that's my question : this is not the value that needs to be formatted but the group for the drop down. So how can I achieve this in the display field ?
1 week 5 days ago #316594 by krileon
Don't understand what you're asking. It should be storing the value of the dropdown option assuming you handled the storage correctly as exampled below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/242024-groupjive-events-custom-fields?start=12#316566
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/242024-groupjive-events-custom-fields?start=12#316574

Then on display you need to convert the value to the display string.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn