User is blocked by moderator, css is shown

3 years 6 months ago #320717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User is blocked by moderator, css is shown
Ok, this is now fixed in latest CB Privacy release. It now includes default display overrides for the following fields.

canvas
formatname
firstname
middlename
lastname
name

This will prevent buggy looking UX like you're seeing with last views tab since CB Privacy isn't capable of removing users from that (there's no trigger to extend its query).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320719 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic User is blocked by moderator, css is shown
Hi,
Thanks for caring hier immediatley, great!
I have updated now the privacy plugin and I see now a standard canvas and avatar picture with the name without link.
Unfortunately it remains in this status in spite of unbanning the user. Connection and last visitor tab show still both the dummy user with the unlinked name.
Can you check this please?
Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago #320720 by ericmuc
Hi,
Oh, I see now, that the user with the standard canvas / avatar and the unlinked name had blocked the viewing user (I had tested some scenarios). This I had undone and now it works! All ok.

But: My fault is a good sample for a missing note in the head as like "You have blocked this user. He cannot see you profile and send you messages."

How I can achieve such note? Is there a possibilty to get this?

Thanks again, best regards
Eric

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320721 by ericmuc
Hi,
After testing the possibilities deeper in cb I have following things/questions:

A.
1) moderator has banned an user
2) the banned user is further on visible normal in connections or last vistors
3) only by visting the banned profile the visiting user gets the message "profile banned"
Question: I would think, that the banned profile is not visible for others also in connections/last visitors, why it is visible? Or can I change some settings?
Images: 1-Banned profile is shown (test).png and 2-Banned profile visit message.png

B.
1) moderator has blocked login for user
2) the blocked profile is further visible in the system and another user can even send a message to the user, which cannot access the site anymore
Question: I would think that the profile is not available in the system anymore for others, if login of this user is blocked, why is it visible? Or can I change settings?
Images: 3-User is locked out from login.png and 4-blocked send message.png

Sorry for being so pushy, but I want to have the situation clear and the best gui for the users. And sorry for still not understanding the wonderful possibilities of CB in this area until now. May be I can optimize it with some settings?
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Eric
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #320726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User is blocked by moderator, css is shown

How I can achieve such note? Is there a possibilty to get this?

Yes, it will use the CB Privacy > Privacy > Profile settings for denied profile access. Note those settings apply to users who are blocked as well as profiles that are just set to private. It's a generic message or redirect used if profile is not accessible due to privacy.

Question: I would think, that the banned profile is not visible for others also in connections/last visitors, why it is visible? Or can I change some settings?

Banned users are not blocked from using the site. They're just profile bans so their content is still visible and they've the option to request a ban appeal. If you want their content gone you need to block their account. An account block is the only thing that will suppress their content.

Question: I would think that the profile is not available in the system anymore for others, if login of this user is blocked, why is it visible? Or can I change settings?

You denied their login with CB AntiSpam. You did not block their account. To block an account toggle the checkmark under the Enabled column in CB > User Management. Moderators can also still access blocked accounts, but regular users cannot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn