Template styling

3 years 2 months ago #323257 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Template styling

I've seen that the template changer don't allow for template edit and recompiling, and there seems not to be a preview option, so to create a template a see where changes are applied I guess I should try several times to see what happens in the frontend
Unless I'm missing something, but I can't find any documentation

There is no documentation. Simply change the colors under Theme. Click Compile Template. Then click Save. You can now select the template within CB > Configuration > User Profile. The Template Builder feature is just generating a template plugin for you. There is no Preview feature at this time, but should be doable in a future release.

Guys CB is really great on many aspects, but in future releases please consider a global rework of the frontend template logics for better compatibility with other templates and easier customizations

It will be redone in CB 3.x when we switch to Twig template files and overhaul the renderer behavior. That doesn't mean it's going to magically fit any Joomla template. We still will be using our own CSS. Automatically fitting Joomla templates is impossible unless both are using the same CSS framework and in the case of CB that's Bootstrap 4 and in the case of CB 3.x that will be Bootstrap 5 or Tailwind (undecided at this time). If using a Bootstrap 4 Joomla template all you need to do is turn off CBs Bootstrap in CB > Configuration > Integrations and it will automatically be styled by your Joomla template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds