You do not have permission to email/message this user

3 years 1 month ago #323804 by AlexRag

All correct. Field privacy would work as follows.

1. Check Profile Privacy
2. Check Tab Privacy
3. Check Field Privacy

That's the order of the privacy checks for fields.

So, for example if Profile Privacy is set to, for example, PRIVATE it overrides whatever the user set for Tab Privacy and Field Privacy?
And to go further, if a user sets a TAB to private then even if a field inside that tab is set to Public it effectively ignores the field level setting?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323805 by krileon

So, for example if Profile Privacy is set to, for example, PRIVATE it overrides whatever the user set for Tab Privacy and Field Privacy?

Depends on if you've configured Profile Privacy field to also block external access to those fields, but for Email form and PMs yes it will block access to both.

And to go further, if a user sets a TAB to private then even if a field inside that tab is set to Public it effectively ignores the field level setting?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323807 by AlexRag
Thank you!

Depends on if you've configured Profile Privacy field to also block external access to those fields, but for Email form and PMs yes it will block access to both.

Sorry, when you mean configured, you are referring to the Profile Privacy/Parameters/Display section?

----

I've learned hat that CB Privacy Plugin created a Profile Privacy Field, which was sitting inside the Contact Info tab. I've moved it to another tab (User Status) and now appears in the Privacy Tab (I enabled the "Simple" option).

Was this field not appearing before because of the Contact Info Tab to private setting?

3 years 1 month ago #323808 by krileon

Sorry, when you mean configured, you are referring to the Profile Privacy/Parameters/Display section?

Yes. The "Include Tabs" and "Include Fields" parameters extend the profile privacy to those tabs and/or fields. Normally profile privacy by default just blocks access to a users profile, but it also enforces access to email form and PMS regardless of email or PM field being selected.

Was this field not appearing before because of the Contact Info Tab to private setting?

It shouldn't have anything to do with Contact Info tab unless Contact Info tab was not accessible during profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323811 by AlexRag

Yes. The "Include Tabs" and "Include Fields" parameters extend the profile privacy to those tabs and/or fields. Normally profile privacy by default just blocks access to a users profile, but it also enforces access to email form and PMS regardless of email or PM field being selected.

Wow, this plugin is super configurable. As you can see by this thread its alot to wrap my head around.

It shouldn't have anything to do with Contact Info tab unless Contact Info tab was not accessible during profile edit

Ok, I'll have to see what I did there. Thanks!

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323812 by krileon

Wow, this plugin is super configurable. As you can see by this thread its alot to wrap my head around.

Yup, most of our plugins are designed to fit hundreds of usecases. We pretty much have to do this since people use CB for so many different types of sites. Users are using it for real-estate sites, social networking sites, product sites, etc.. Profiles can basically be whatever you want them to do be for the most part. We'll be trying to bring this under control a bit with CB 3.x to ease the configuration hurdles though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn