Groups tab content visibility

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323837 by AlexRag
Groups tab content visibility was created by AlexRag
Is there a way to hide the contents of Group tabs (eg. Activity, Wall Users, etc) for those who have not yet joined? Ideally just the ability to see the group canvas, logo and description it would be great to keep all else hidden until they join.

I know groups can be hidden in their entirety making them the "Invite" type but can't see other privacy settings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323839 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groups tab content visibility
Nope. Public and Approval group content is always visible. Invite is the only one with private content. This will change once I've implemented more group types in a future release to handle these other cases. Ideally Approval should hide its content until join request is approved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

3 years 1 month ago #323843 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Groups tab content visibility
Looking forward to the upcoming implementation!

Follow up question: Are the posts in groups activity or wall feed something that be affected (hidden) by a user's own privacy settings?

3 years 1 month ago #323844 by krileon

Follow up question: Are the posts in groups activity or wall feed something that be affected (hidden) by a user's own privacy settings?

Only if privacy has been set directly on the post itself. You can enable that functionality by publishing the following system actions.

CB Activity - Privacy - New
CB Activity - Privacy - Edit
CB Activity - Privacy - Save
CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323845 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Groups tab content visibility

Only if privacy has been set directly on the post itself. You can enable that functionality by publishing the following system actions.

CB Activity - Privacy - New
CB Activity - Privacy - Edit
CB Activity - Privacy - Save
CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized

Got it. So where would I find these? I looked in the CB privacy plugin and CB Activity plugin, but guessing I'm not looking in the right place :S

3 years 1 month ago #323851 by krileon
They are system actions in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn