0 syntax error, unexpected 'defined' (T_STRING)

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324685 by lsuarez317
I recently made a change to a field in CB and it instantly crashed my site. Every page showed this error.

0 syntax error, unexpected 'defined' (T_STRING)

I have no idea how to fix it. I was finally able to get the rest of my site up by disabling everything CB via phpmyadmin, but I need help to fix the issue ASAP.

I've tried to re-install CB and I get "500 Internal Server Error". I assumed this was due to server upload limitation and I increased max in php.ini to no avail.

Please help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324688 by krileon
What did you change? What field type where you editing? You should be able to force the field unpublished or remove it entirely in the _comprofiler_fields table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324690 by lsuarez317
Replied by lsuarez317 on topic 0 syntax error, unexpected 'defined' (T_STRING)
I don't recall which one it was. Can I disable specific tables without deleting them??

2 years 11 months ago #324691 by krileon
You can't just disable an entire table, no. If you have a backup then restore to that backup. You can completely disable CB within the _extensions table as well to try and prevent it from loading until you recall what you changed. If you're able to get to Joomla global configuration try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting to see if more information about the error is output. You can also try checking server error log for more info about the error. With a callstack for the error I'd be able to better suggest what might be failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn