[SOLVED] How to uninstall CB?

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324784 by cpaschen
[SOLVED] How to uninstall CB? was created by cpaschen
I have a site where CB has been installed for a while.
We need to have CB uninstalled per client request and configuration changes.

I have uninstalled CB using the Joomla extension manage and uninstall process. And I've confirmed that all CB items are no longer installed.
I've removed all menu items (Login/Logout) that were pointing to CB.
I've created new menu items for Login/Logout pointing to the core User functions.

When I click on the login menu option I get the notice:

0 Community Builder is not Installed

Is there some additional steps that we need to take to properly uninstall CB from a Joomla (3.9.26)?

We were using the latest version of CB (2.6.0) prior to uninstalling.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324800 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to uninstall CB?
Ensure you've uninstalled all Joomla extensions for CB in Extensions > Manage. You should be able to find anything CB related by filtering by "cb". Once done you'll need to delete all database tables prefixed with the following.

_comprofiler
_groupjive
_cbsubs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324826 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic How to uninstall CB?
Thanks

I did all that and still had the error.

Found the issue after a long trial-and-error process disabling lots of other extensions.

Just in case others have this same issue ...

Turned out InviteX from TechJoomla was causing the issues. Once that was removed everything then worked properly.
Evidently that extension must get 'locked' to CB and not able to gracefully handle when it is removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn