{solved] CBSubs: Paypal payments processed but the site doesnt know about it...

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325555 by mikerotec
The last couple of days I have had a number of users complaining that they have paid, but their subscription was not activated in our site.

I checked and their PayPal payments did come in ( so I activated them manually).
Was this an issue with CBsubs version before the latest? ( I just updated it today to 4.5.2+build.2021.06.25.17.09.42.53205149f )

Looked in the history, and saw a lot of these the past several days :
Paypal: Fraud attempt or Paypal value mismatch detected by Paypal: : Error: return information didn't validate with paypal. Please tell sysadmin to enable IPN and PDT in his Paypal account.

Call trace:
called in class cbpaidHistory::logError() on line 570 in file cbpaidPayHandler.php
called in class cbpaidPayHandler::_setLogErrorMSG() on line 1464 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
called in class cbpaidpaypal::hanldePaypalIPN() on line 330 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
called in class cbpaidpaypal::handleReturn() on line 135 in file cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler.php
called in class cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler::resultNotification() on line 653 in file cbpaidControllerCBTab.php
called in class cbpaidControllerCBTab::getTabComponent() on line 1142 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.php
called in class getcbpaidsubscriptionsTab::getTabComponent() on line 91 in file cbpaidControllerCBComponent.php
called in class CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions::getCBpluginComponent() on line 880 in file cbPluginHandler.php
called in class cbPluginHandler::call() on line 1436 in file cbTabs.php
called in class cbTabs::_callTabPlugin() on line 1550 in file cbTabs.php
called in class cbTabs::tabClassPluginTabs() on line 720 in file comprofiler.php
called in function tabClass() on line 274 in file comprofiler.php

IPN is enabled, but PDT was not (maybe never has been, unless something slipped in Paypal recently - nothing was changed with any cbsubs settings manually...)

I have enabled PDT now.

We are using the standard Paypal plugin ( not advanced or Pro)

I also notice a few of these:
Paypal: Error: Received following unknown result message from Paypal: 370: Sorry no response for your payment. Please check your email and status later.

Call trace:
called in class cbpaidHistory::logError() on line 570 in file cbpaidPayHandler.php
called in class cbpaidPayHandler::_setLogErrorMSG() on line 1617 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
called in class cbpaidpaypal::handlePaypalPDT() on line 332 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php
called in class cbpaidpaypal::handleReturn() on line 135 in file cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler.php
called in class cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler::resultNotification() on line 653 in file cbpaidControllerCBTab.php
called in class cbpaidControllerCBTab::getTabComponent() on line 1142 in file cbpaidsubscriptions.php
called in class getcbpaidsubscriptionsTab::getTabComponent() on line 91 in file cbpaidControllerCBComponent.php
called in class CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions::getCBpluginComponent() on line 880 in file cbPluginHandler.php
called in class cbPluginHandler::call() on line 1436 in file cbTabs.php
called in class cbTabs::_callTabPlugin() on line 1550 in file cbTabs.php
called in class cbTabs::tabClassPluginTabs() on line 720 in file comprofiler.php
called in function tabClass() on line 274 in file comprofiler.php

But I am assuming that's just a network error on the paypal side?

Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325557 by beat
Yes, your analysis is correct: Paypal introduced an API bug at Paypal.com a few weeks back, and is the cause of your issue,

Sites with Paypal and CBSubs < 4.5.2 and without both IPN and PDT can be affected.

Paypal.com changed their API in an unexpected and undocumented way. We have notified Paypal even before CBSubs 4.5.2 release, and they acknowledged us the issue within a few days, but didnt't give us yet a timeline for a fix.

Latest CB Paid Subscription 4.5.2 (and nightlies thereafter) handles the new buggy way too.

Please see our latest CBSubs announcement (and newsletter too):
www.joomlapolis.com/news/18934-cb-paid-subscriptions-cbsubs-4-5-2-release

Please also make sure to enable both IPN and PDT.

I suppose you had a CB Paid Subscription < 4.5.2 when these errors occured ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

2 years 8 months ago #325559 by mikerotec
Yes, until yesterday we were running 4.5.1
Thanks for the info (I missed the mailer on that - last mailer I read was the 4.5.1 one...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn