[SOLVED] Invoice numbering

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #186675 by teresa r
[SOLVED] Invoice numbering was created by teresa r
I would like to know if you have come with a solution to the sequential invoice numbering problem.
I must issue invoices with sequential numbers, and I can´t find a solution.

I would also like to know if is there a way to have a copy of the invoice for my self as a seller.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186681 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Invoice numbering
CBSubs 1.3.0 (next release) has 2 feature tickets scheduled to improve invoice numbering. 1 is for custom sequential (continuous) invoice numbering and another is to allow more advanced substitutions ([cb:userdata field="FIELDNAME" /]). I can't guarantee either feature will make next release, but currently they're scheduled for it. For now I don't believe there's a solution available to fit your needs.

As for reviewing a users invoice for your self you can do this from CBSubs > Baskets and by clicking the Currency in the Currency column of the basket of your choosing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186684 by teresa r
Replied by teresa r on topic Re: Invoice numbering
When will 1.3.0 be released?

12 years 4 months ago #186690 by krileon
We're hoping early next year (in January). This by all means isn't a release date. It's just the goal we're striving for.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186697 by teresa r
Replied by teresa r on topic Re: Invoice numbering
Thank you for your replies.

I have noticed that every invoice has an ID witch is a sequential number. The solution is as simple as making possible the use of [INVOICE_ID] on the Invoice number format filed. Really, I don’t understand why it is not possible now. Buy now, I will work around it, putting [INVOICE_ID] somewhere on the invoice body and calling it Invoice number.

And is there a way o issuing the invoices only after the payment is done? It does´t make sense issuing it before, since the invoice is a proof that a payment as been made. Besides, it can create some taxation problems.

12 years 4 months ago #186713 by krileon
The invoice is only stored for 24 hours unless in a Pending (Offline Payments) or Completed state. The invoice is dynamically generated from the Basket, there isn't really any invoices. No, there's no way to delay the invoice, sorry. You should be using financial reports from your gateway, not from CBSubs, for most accurate information for taxes, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn