[SOLVED] redirecting after paypal payment

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187226 by maitri
After paying at paypal the user is redirected to a page with a thankyou note and invitation to access his profile, however, how can I make it so that the user is being redirected directly to a menu page from joomla where I have placed a remository to download the file just bought? Is this possible? I've checked the manual and forum and couldn't find the instructions to set it up.

Additionaly, How can I remove the link to "show instructions" that appears on the right of the payment botton?

Thank you.
(I am using CB Subs 1.2.2 and CB 1.7.1)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187232 by maitri
Replied by maitri on topic Re: redirecting after paypal payment
More specifically, there are three products you can buy and download. Is it possible to be redirected from paypal to a different remository joomla menu item depending on what product you buy? That would be perfect for us.

12 years 3 months ago #187272 by maitri

maitri wrote:
Additionaly, How can I remove the link to "show instructions" that appears on the right of the payment botton?

Thank you.
(I am using CB Subs 1.2.2 and CB 1.7.1)

Regarding this, the Spanish translation installed confused me as to what the link was for. I have already set it up for offline payments by bank money transfer. The problem now is that when the user clicks here to choose this option, the next window shows all the instructions for making the payment, that's good, but on the bottom it shows a box for the user to click on and print the invoice to attach to his check. How can I completely remove this box and link, since it does not apply to the money tranfer option and it just creates confusion.
Thank you!

12 years 3 months ago #187315 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: redirecting after paypal payment

More specifically, there are three products you can buy and download. Is it possible to be redirected from paypal to a different remository joomla menu item depending on what product you buy? That would be perfect for us.

No, but you can change the login redirect on a plan by plan basis on the Workflows tab of your plans.

How can I completely remove this box and link, since it does not apply to the money tranfer option and it just creates confusion.

You can't, at least not currently. It's planned to allow removal of this step with a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187503 by maitri

krileon wrote:

No, but you can change the login redirect on a plan by plan basis on the Workflows tab of your plans.

I need to configure CBSubs so that after paypal payment it takes the user back to the website to a login page (It'll be a regular joomla menu item with a login CB module).
This might be covered at the manual since it seems basic, but I have been going back and forth its pages for a while and I can't figure it out.
Could you please give me some directions as to how to set this up?

If there is a more logic way to get the user to the content, could you please also advice on that? I have 3 different docs to download depending on to which plan do they subscribe for.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

12 years 3 months ago #187632 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: redirecting after paypal payment
You can't change the redirect when returning from PayPal. For CBSubs to function properly the user must land on that landing page, sorry. As stated in my previous reply you can't do this. I mentioned you can change the login redirect (what URL user is redirected to on login) based off subscription (Workflows tab), but has nothing to do with landing page from PayPal. If you've an attachment to send to a user you could send it to the user via email as we do with single item purchases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn