Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?

12 years 3 months ago #191373 by pmpharma
Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire? was created by pmpharma
Interesting stuff. If I import via text file an existing, expired user (JoePona below), and current user marking them both Active, the system recognizes the join date, and marks the old one expired and in need of renewal.

But for the current member (carrieschneider below), I get the following error, although on further investigation it seems like this user was also imported correctly after all?:

Notice: Use of undefined constant id - assumed 'id' in /vservers/pharmaligorg/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.importer.php on line 315 Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in /vservers/pharmaligorg/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.importer.php on line 315

Partial Success:

Some users have already subscriptions: user ids: 1297
1 users subscribed
Users subscribed (usernames):
JoePona to plan: Annual Membership , with state: Active
Following Users could not be subscribed (usernames) because either: (A) an exclusive active subscription exists that would conflict with the imported user subscription, or: (B) it is a children plan but the parent plan subscription does not exist:
carrieschneider

Makes me wonder if I can import ALL registered users this way and the system will sort them out properly?

The only thing that is really throwing me off is that on the Subscription tab of expired user, it shows a selected Subscription of "None. Lifetime subcription for free" Even though we don't have any such plan in the system...?

"Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" is set to no in the admin, while "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" is set to yes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191471 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
CBSubs version? Believe this is already resolved with CBSubs 1.3 (currently in testing phases).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191490 by pmpharma
Replied by pmpharma on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?
CBSubs 1.2.2. Just purchased in December. Not interested in Beta at this point, unless you think I should.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191491 by pmpharma
Hey Kyle-
From what I'm now understanding, if the system has registered users in it (from existing CB setup, in this case), but those users are not subscribed to any plan, it by default creates a "None" plan for lifetime subscription for free?

We hadn't yet pulled the plug on "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" - it's still set to yes.

Seems to me that if we change this to no, forcing all users to subscribe going forward, and we import all current users using the method we've described, we should be good to go, and maybe no conflict between plans, since the default None plan will no longer exist?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Mass Import then Mass Expire?

CBSubs 1.2.2. Just purchased in December. Not interested in Beta at this point, unless you think I should.

We're using CBSubs 1.3 and CB 1.8 here at Joomlapolis so we consider it pretty stable. :)

From what I'm now understanding, if the system has registered users in it (from existing CB setup, in this case), but those users are not subscribed to any plan, it by default creates a "None" plan for lifetime subscription for free?

They're given a basically hidden free for lifetime plan. Ideally in a future release we'd like to be able to allow you to supply a CBSubs plan as this "fall back" plan.

Seems to me that if we change this to no, forcing all users to subscribe going forward, and we import all current users using the method we've described, we should be good to go, and maybe no conflict between plans, since the default None plan will no longer exist?

Don't believe so; the mass tool is really meant for importing and not really mass expiring users. If you set "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to "No" and a user trys to login without a subscription I believe they'll receive a page to select a plan to subscribe to; this is how our CBSubs demo behaves. I was referring to the error you received being fixed as that was a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191621 by pmpharma
Hi Kyle-
Our intent is to make users register going forward, in order to access registered-only areas of the site. So I think I want to flip that switch now anyway.

My concern with the error (bug) is if the import itself is working correctly. If the user in question shows up with a proper Active account, then can I assume there's nothing to worry about and proceed with the mass import?

ps. I assume we'll be able to upgrade to 1.3 any time? We're on CB 1.7.1 running on Joomla 1.5.25 now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn