CBSubs or Jevent Problem???

12 years 2 months ago #192907 by moozarkgrl
CBSubs or Jevent Problem??? was created by moozarkgrl
Subscription process works good. Now testing site access issues. I use Jevents calendar with no problems. Calendar shows all entries as long as you are not logged in. Once a subscribed registered user logs in, calendar will view but with no entries showing. Log out and then view calendar, and entries are there. I've put in a topic with Jevents as well as I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs or Jevent Problem???
Disable CBSubs within CB > Plugin Management and confirm if it now works. Ensure you re-test with a new user that had no usage of CBSubs. If still not working then it's not CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192932 by moozarkgrl
Replied by moozarkgrl on topic Re: CBSubs or Jevent Problem???
I did some screen prints and here is my CB Plugin page. I'm keeping things simple and minimal first.

I have five "test" registered users (not subscribed). I tried to login one of these and I get the error message "Warning A Membership is needed for access". This act also disables the user. Each one I've tried that received the warning message caused the user to be disabled.(?)

I disabled the CBSubs Plugin. Another "test" registered user is logged in. It accepts the login. If I access the calendar from the "Calendar Events" it is opened but with no events showing. If I try to access from Latest Events I get the error message "You are not authorised to create/edit events".

I enabled the CBSubs Plugin. Tried the subscribed registered user. Same thing happens as above.Access to calendar with no events and access from Latest Events gets the error message "You are not authorised ..."

I've changed the access on these plugins from public to registered with no change in error messages.

What else should I check??
Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192935 by moozarkgrl
I also noticed the difference in the URLs. When a non-registered user accesses the calendar, this is the URL:

"www.wildhorseandburro.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&Itemid=1&task=month.calendar&day=01&month=03&year=2012&lang=en"

When registered user accesses the calendar, this the URL:

"www.wildhorseandburro.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&Itemid=287&task=month.calendar&day=01&month=03&year=2012&lang=en"

I'm going to continue checking with the settings and see if I can figure this out.

12 years 2 months ago #192981 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs or Jevent Problem???
Based off your test CBSubs is not causing JEvents to show nothing in the calendar. Regarding the blocking of users on login it's likely due to you configuring CBSubs to require a subscription, but you probably gave your test users a free lifetime subscription which by default won't create an actual subscription for them. Please check CBSubs > Settings > Global and ensure "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans:" is set to "Yes".

Unfortunately I can't help you in regards to the calendar. You need to contact JEvents for support regarding it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193006 by moozarkgrl
That makes sense. I had test users setup before I purchased the CBSubs so, no, I didn't give them a free subscription. I'm familiar with the setting to allow for free lifetime plans. I want the site to have freely accessible information for the GP w/o registration AND accessibility to "tools" such as ads, community profile stuff, ability to upload files, PM, etc for registered subscribed members. That's why I don't have the free lifetime option set to yes. Is this a problem for CBSubs to work correctly?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn