Understanding "This calendar year" setting

11 years 7 months ago #212595 by AlexRag

I suggest setting "Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations):" to at least 1 month though. As if the user subscribes 1 month before Sep 30th they'd only have a 1 month long subscription. Setting this to 1 month gives them that 1 month free and subscribers them for a full year next year.

Excellent - You answered a question I was about to ask. I wanted any new members who joined from August 1 to have their membership expire a full year next year. So if I set the bonus time to 90 days it should work nicely.

Does this setting only affect only new registrations? What would happen with expired members who never renewed?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #212610 by AlexRag
Further to the issue with the Expiry Date setting in the "Regular Duration: - What is happening is the expiry date is not being pushed to September 2013 for someone whose membership expired.

Duration Setting: This Calendar Year 10-01

As you can see the expiry date is showing September 2012. It should be 2013.
Is there another setting I should be configuring?

Duration Setting: 1 year, yields the correct expiry date
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #212619 by nant

AlexRag wrote:

I suggest setting "Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations):" to at least 1 month though. As if the user subscribes 1 month before Sep 30th they'd only have a 1 month long subscription. Setting this to 1 month gives them that 1 month free and subscribers them for a full year next year.

Excellent - You answered a question I was about to ask. I wanted any new members who joined from August 1 to have their membership expire a full year next year. So if I set the bonus time to 90 days it should work nicely.

Does this setting only affect only new registrations? What would happen with expired members who never renewed?

Yes, the bonus setting only affects first-time subscribers.

What happens with expired subscriptions is defined by your renewal parameters (pricing tab) - also documented in manual.

11 years 7 months ago #212620 by nant

AlexRag wrote: Further to the issue with the Expiry Date setting in the "Regular Duration: - What is happening is the expiry date is not being pushed to September 2013 for someone whose membership expired.

Duration Setting: This Calendar Year 10-01

As you can see the expiry date is showing September 2012. It should be 2013.
Is there another setting I should be configuring?

Duration Setting: 1 year, yields the correct expiry date

Not sure about this one - how did you configure the renewal parameters for this plan?

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #212637 by AlexRag

Not sure about this one - how did you configure the renewal parameters for this plan?

Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading: No
Renewable in advance by: 4 months
Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)

Yes, the bonus setting only affects first-time subscribers.

What happens with expired subscriptions is defined by your renewal parameters (pricing tab) - also documented in manual.

The bonus time before expiry option only shows up when a calendar setting is selected in the regular plan and pricing parameter - I was confused by it being contingent on the Regular vs First Time settings if it only applies to first time subscribers.

11 years 6 months ago #212793 by AlexRag
Another interesting situation has surfaced that I believe may be addressed by figuring out these renewal issues:

When someone whose membership has expired chooses the auto-renew option/recurring billing option the subsequent payment date is not the renewal date of October 1, but rather 1 year from the payment date instead.

For example, I had a member renew their membership today (October 19th). They chose the auto-renew option. The next payment is October 19, 2013, but the membership expires September 30, 2013. Is it possible to have the auto renew be the renewal date with paypal? Can it be changed after the fact?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn