Editing existing plan dates

11 years 4 months ago #217963 by streetfire
Editing existing plan dates was created by streetfire
I need to change the subscription dates on one of my plans. The plan has quite a few users. If I change the dates in the plan will the users expiration dates / sub length be changed automatically? If not, what do I need to do to change all the users subscription dates.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #217986 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Editing existing plan dates

If I change the dates in the plan will the users expiration dates / sub length be changed automatically?

No.

If not, what do I need to do to change all the users subscription dates.

You shouldn't change them at all. Let them expire and renew at the new date. Changing them could be a serious legal issue as you're changing something a user has already paid for. At any rate if you want to change it yes you can adjust the expiration date within _cbsubs_subscriptions; you can also individually edit users from within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the id under the ID column to the far right.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #218083 by streetfire
Replied by streetfire on topic Re: Editing existing plan dates
Okay thanks for the information! I think I'll just let them expire.

That said I have a somewhat related issue.

My client had two plans originally. 1/2 the members are on Plan A and 1/2 on Plan B. The plans are virtually the same. Mid 2012 my client asked me to not allow Plan B to receive any more subscribers and that they were getting rid of it. I set Plan B to not appear on the front end and not take new subscriptions, but it is still published. I need these previous plan B subscribers in Plan A now. How can I do that? Is there a way to mass move them all?

Also, Is it possible for Plan B users to "renew" Plan B even though I have it disabled?

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #218087 by krileon
Set plan B to no longer allow new subscriptions or renewals (don't disable it from frontend or it may stop working). Now when they expire they can't do anything with it anymore and will now need to upgrade to Plan A. Once everyone has expired from Plan B you can completely unpublish it. If you need to move users from Plan B to Plan A you can do this from CBSubs > Import as it lets you import users from an existing plan to another.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #218088 by streetfire
Replied by streetfire on topic Re: Editing existing plan dates
Okay, thanks for the info! I imported Plan B to Plan A, so now they are in both. I guess I can leave it that way until Plan B expires. They should be able to see the Renew option for Plan A since they are subscribed now, correct? Is there also a spot where I disable the renew option for Plan B? I know where the disable new subscriptions is, and that is disabled.

PS. I'm running CB subs 2.0.2

11 years 4 months ago #218091 by krileon

They should be able to see the Renew option for Plan A since they are subscribed now, correct?

Yes.

Is there also a spot where I disable the renew option for Plan B?

Yup, on the pricing tab you can set it to non renewable.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn