Paid Member Group Access

8 years 8 months ago #268982 by spyderwoman
Paid Member Group Access was created by spyderwoman
We have been running CB Subs for a few years to allow for certain areas of the website to only be visible to members. Upon registration and payment, they are added to the 'Members' group. Only that group has access to certain menus and articles. In the past week, we noticed that the pages that require that you are a 'Member' no longer display to those who are part of that group. I have checked and cannot see what could've changed. No major framework changes have been made recently to cause this...
Running Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10
CB Subs 4.0.0-rc.2
Thank you in advance!
www.ncus.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268984 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Paid Member Group Access

spyderwoman wrote: We have been running CB Subs for a few years to allow for certain areas of the website to only be visible to members. Upon registration and payment, they are added to the 'Members' group. Only that group has access to certain menus and articles. In the past week, we noticed that the pages that require that you are a 'Member' no longer display to those who are part of that group. I have checked and cannot see what could've changed. No major framework changes have been made recently to cause this...
Running Joomla 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10
CB Subs 4.0.0-rc.2
Thank you in advance!
www.ncus.org

So you are using Joomla ACL to protect these areas and not the CBSubs protection mechanism?

Make sure that these users are in the Joomla group and that the Joomla ACL is correctly configured in your Joomla content areas.

Also would be good to update to CBSubs 4.0.1.

8 years 8 months ago #268990 by spyderwoman
Replied by spyderwoman on topic Paid Member Group Access
Thanks for your quick reply. I have verified the member groups as well as the settings on each menu/article. I would like to update to 4.0.1 in hopes that it fixes the problem but have not been able to find any upgrade documentation. Can you please direct me to that to be sure I upgrade properly? Thanks.

8 years 8 months ago #268992 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Paid Member Group Access

spyderwoman wrote: Thanks for your quick reply. I have verified the member groups as well as the settings on each menu/article. I would like to update to 4.0.1 in hopes that it fixes the problem but have not been able to find any upgrade documentation. Can you please direct me to that to be sure I upgrade properly? Thanks.

This article

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

has latest releases of everything.

CBSubs manual has a chapter on upgrading.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269013 by spyderwoman
Thanks. I didn't look at the manual since it says it was last updated in 2012 then realized I was looking in CB Subs not GPL.. Thanks.

8 years 8 months ago #269021 by spyderwoman
I upgraded to the latest version and still am having problems. I have checked everything and that group still does not have access to the menu/contents they should.. any ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn