Joomlaboard and CB User Integration

17 years 1 month ago #33660 by srosa
bear with me because this my take a little while...

i am running:
Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ]
CB 1.0.2
Joomlaboard 1.1.5

i followed the install instructions for CB 1.0.2 for a new install of CB. The install appeared to be successful.

i used the 'Synchronize Users' tool to copy my 3-4 users to the CB user tables (jos_comprofiler, i think). when i looked at both my core Joomla user list and my CB user list, everything seemed to be in order, in sync.

then, i installed Joomlaboard. in the Joomlaboard configuration, under the integration tab, i set 'Community Builder user profiles' to 'Yes'.

when i looked at my Joomlaboard user list, i did not see any of my current users. so, i thought that maybe i needed to synchronize. so, i synchronized and checked my Joomlaboard user list again. still no users. so, i thought maybe i needed to manually port my users to the Joomlaboard user table (jos_sb_users). however, before i even tried that, i went to my site and i registered. i have disabled the standard Joomla login module, so i did use the CB login module. the registration appeared to be successful. then, i went into the Joomlaboard user list expecting to see my new user there, but i did not.

when you set Joomlaboard to use CB user profiles, does Joomlaboard not even use its user tables (jos_sb_users) at all? does it pull everything from the CB (jos_comprofiler) and Joomla user tables (jos_users)?

then, i went back into my CB profile through the front-end and i saw that i had some forum settings that i could set. i set my view to 'threaded' and added a signature.

then, i repeated the registration and profile update for a second user.

when i look at the Joomlaboard user table (jos_sb_users), I see one entry in the table for the first user that i created, but the second user is not there. also, on the first user, the field values for view and signature do not match what i am seeing in the profile on the front-end.

how does the Joomlaboard user table get populated when 'Community Builder user profiles' is set to 'Yes'? and, is the Joomlaboard user tables supposed to match the CB tables? or, does Joomlaboard just pull everything from CB?

Regards,
Scott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #33662 by srosa
Replied by srosa on topic Re:Joomlaboard and CB User Integration
I have some additional details. I tried the following:

1. registered a new user (no admin approval or email required)
2. logged in as new user
3. clicked on the CB Profile link in my menu taking me to the comprofiler component
4. selected update profile and was presented with a tab to modify three fields: view, ordering, signature
5. i made selections and added a signature and hit 'update profile'

when i look at the Joomlaboard user table (jos_sb_users), i do not see an entry for this new user.

in CB, under 'Field Management', i see the three fields that were presented. they're published, but the other options (required, profile, registration) are all off (red X). do any of these options affect the ability to update the Joomlaboard fields through my profile?

then, back in the front-end, while i was still logged in, i did the following:
1. i selected my forum menu option, which took me straight to the Joomlaboard component.
2. one of the options presented inside the component was 'My Profile'
3. this took me to the comprofiler user details
4. was presented with a tab to modify three fields: view, ordering, signature
5. i made selections and added a signature and hit 'update profile'

when i look at the Joomlaboard user table (jos_sb_users), the user was now there.

Regards,
Scott

17 years 1 month ago #33673 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Joomlaboard and CB User Integration
it will only appear in joomlaboard's list after they made a post of edited their forum profile. this is normal.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

17 years 1 month ago #33677 by srosa
Replied by srosa on topic Re:Joomlaboard and CB User Integration
Excellent! That's good news. I have been away from Mambo/Joomla for awhile, so I'm rusty. And, CB is like nothing I had seen before, as far as its scope and its ability to support additional plugins. It's like another layer on top of Joomla. Anyway, I was concerned that I had done something wrong. Thanks for setting me straight.

Regards,
Scott

17 years 3 weeks ago #35255 by Sale Gosse
Replied by Sale Gosse on topic Re:Joomlaboard and CB User Integration
p9939068 wrote:

it will only appear in joomlaboard's list after they made a post of edited their forum profile. this is normal.

Hi, any other solution????

17 years 3 weeks ago #35257 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Joomlaboard and CB User Integration
I believe it's possible to modify the joomlaboard plugin to update the necessary joomlaboard tables upon user registration.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn