Search options

16 years 9 months ago #40812 by golphin
Search options was created by golphin
I have a business network online. My members are not able to search for eachother efficiently. Please help.

When we log in and click to view registered users there is a search box above the list of users. This is useless. The only way I can find someone is by entering the username. If i'm looking for "Tara" and her id is "fifipee" I will not be able to find her! How can I make it so that people can type in any name, or keyword to find someone. If this is not possible how can I remove the search box all together?

Also, can I modify the date joined field on the user profile?

And how can I make a link to thier private message inbox? This is nowhere to be found.

Post edited by: golphin, at: 2007/07/11 05:18

Post edited by: golphin, at: 2007/07/11 05:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #41073 by golphin
Replied by golphin on topic Re:Search options
Does any one know who can answer any of my questions? Again, they are: 1. Can I make it so that people can search CB profiles by more that the username?

2. Can I modify the date joined field that is automatically generated?

3. How do the users get into the PM box?

4. Are these too many question? :)

16 years 9 months ago #41102 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Search options
golphin wrote:

I have a business network online. My members are not able to search for eachother efficiently. Please help.

When we log in and click to view registered users there is a search box above the list of users. This is useless. The only way I can find someone is by entering the username. If i'm looking for "Tara" and her id is "fifipee" I will not be able to find her! How can I make it so that people can type in any name, or keyword to find someone. If this is not possible how can I remove the search box all together?

Also, can I modify the date joined field on the user profile?

And how can I make a link to thier private message inbox? This is nowhere to be found.

Post edited by: golphin, at: 2007/07/11 05:18

Post edited by: golphin, at: 2007/07/11 05:20

To search on names too, you need to display username and name in CB global configuration.

There is a CB search component for advanced searches also.

question 2: don't understand: you could do it in phpmyadmin, but not in CB.

3. don't understand: you mean the PMS tab which needs to be published ? for that you would need a pms component to be installed.

4. no :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 9 months ago #41175 by golphin
Replied by golphin on topic Re:Search options
1. Thanks that helped

2. To clarify, "Tasha" joined our organization on 04/03/2007, but she registered online 07/10/2007. On her profile it says "member since: 07/10/2007". I want that to say 04/03/2007

3. I have JIM installed. I can go to a user profile, and see a tab "Messages" and "send private message". But there is no tab or link for me to see MY private messages.

Thanks! ;)

16 years 8 months ago #42985 by roshan2007
Replied by roshan2007 on topic Re:Search options
Create a Menu item Componet and select your JIM Module that should show the current logon users email

16 years 8 months ago #44545 by Savage_Lily
Replied by Savage_Lily on topic Re:Search options
golphin wrote:

2. To clarify, "Tasha" joined our organization on 04/03/2007, but she registered online 07/10/2007. On her profile it says "member since: 07/10/2007". I want that to say 04/03/2007
[/quote]

I have the same trouble: a part of my Community members was already registered on one foruum and I want to replace their reg-status in Community with their original, forum registration status...:unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn