inprove calendar popup

17 years 9 months ago #18301 by biou
inprove calendar popup was created by biou
Good evening
I create a date field for the birthday's members of my site and it is impossible to fill directly
the birthday date and the calendar popup is not very easy to use with aged people for the birthday year.
Is there a solution :
1/ to fill directly with keyboard and to check after if the date is correct ?
or
2/ to get a big list for year to choose directly the good year ?
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #28493 by kakemann
Replied by kakemann on topic Re:inprove calendar popup
I have the same problem.

Most people doesn't manage to enter their birthyear.
Anyone with a fix or solution? :whistle:

17 years 4 months ago #28500 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:inprove calendar popup
The calendar is an external library, so you are most likely to find answers from their site.

mikko

17 years 4 months ago #28532 by syrous
Replied by syrous on topic Re:inprove calendar popup
I posted below about removing it. It is quite annoying to use.

I think removing it and then requireing a particular entry (eg. dd/mm/yy) would be easiest. Anyone have any experience in this?

17 years 4 months ago #28905 by maddunr
Replied by maddunr on topic Re:inprove calendar popup
Calendar is an external library - if you want to improve its basic functions.

However, the parameters governing the date field in CB is controlled in the comprofiler.class.php file (around line 2822).

I changed:
[code:1]$return = '<input class="inputbox"'.$vardisabled.' mosReq="'.$oReq.'" mosLabel="'.getLangDefinition($oLabel).'" type="text" name="' . $oName .'" readonly="readonly" id="' . $oName . '" value="' . $oValue . '" />'."\n";[/code:1]
to[code:1]$return = '<input class="inputbox" mosReq="'.$oReq.'" mosLabel="'.getLangDefinition($oLabel).'" type="text" name="' . $oName .'" id="' . $oName . '" value="' . $oValue . '" />'."\n";[/code:1]
This disabled the readonly / disable parameters. So, now, my calendar is editable and has a popup calendar on single-click. This works pretty well. However, I'd like to have a simple text field with a calendar button next to it like in these pages -
www.dynarch.com/demos/jscalendar/simple-1.html and www.dynarch.com/demos/jscalendar/doc/html/reference.html#node_sec_3.1.1

I tried adding the button, but could not get the button to popup the calendar. If anyone manages to get the button working, please post here.

Regards,
-V

17 years 3 months ago #29825 by nihir
Replied by nihir on topic Re:inprove calendar popup
That's awesome! Thanks for the code. It's a great temporary solution. The only problem I'm having is moving the calendar position away from the input field. Currently it sits right on top of it.

Anyway, I love the idea of the button next to it. Until then, thanks for this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn