CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2

18 years 5 months ago #433 by edenapple
CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2 was created by edenapple
Hello,

I have been using CB Enhanced for some time (started with using the original release of CB however). I am interested in removing it and installing the latest (and what looks like awesome work) from yourselves.

My question is, when you release CB 1.0 RC2, am I just able to remove CB Enhanced as I would a normal Component and install CB 1.0 RC2 as normal or am I required to do anything else?

I am not hugely experienced when it comes to mySQL, and I am a little concerned that if I remove CB Enhanced that the tables will remain in the database and conflict with CB 1.0 RC2 or something like this. I am looking to have as pain free as possible installation of CB 1.0 RC2.

I would appreciate some help with this matter.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #439 by Phil_K
Replied by Phil_K on topic Re:CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2
Hi.

Well, i guess you want to read this thread .

But first do a security backup of your files and database !
I also would advice you to test it on a testinstallation.
Personly i haven't encountered any problems on diffrent
installation i tested the process with, but you never know.

If you uninstall CBE all database tables stay intact.
The main informations can be used in the upgrade process to
CB-RC2. What will not function afterwards are the "enhanced
tabs", buddy-tab, guestbook, forum .. as they use other
routines as CB-RC1 / RC2.

The functions of most of these tabs you can reactivate a) by
deleting the ones from CBE befor/after installation of CB-
RC2 and activation of the CB-RC2 tabs or b) change some
values on the databasetables _comprofiler_tabs on the
database. This way you have to clean "enhanced_params" and
insert the corresponding CB-RC2 plugin to use in "plugin".
You can look at the ContactInfoTab as an example.

Greets
Phil.

Post edited by: Phil_K, at: 2005/11/23 09:43

18 years 5 months ago #440 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2
Upgrading from CB 1.0 RC1 to RC2 is described here .

If you manually drop all CB and CBE tables between steps 4 and 5 you will have a CBE to CB 1.0 RC2 swap. This is not an upgrade of course - all existing data is wipped out. You can of course resynchronize you Joomla/Mambo user tables using the community builder backend tools.

Unfortunately, as Trail mentioned in the thread Phil_K is referencing integrity was lost a long time ago.

As far as the features Phil_K is refering to (guestbook, etc), these are already planned with the help of various 3PD and the plugin system - without hacking and forking.

Good luck!

18 years 5 months ago #445 by edenapple
Replied by edenapple on topic Re:CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2
I very much appreciate the responses from you both.

1 more question.

If I want to do a COMPLETE removal of CBe and just do a fresh install of CB 1.0 RC2, is it just a case of removing CBe via components and then deleting all the CB_ tables?

I appreciate members will lose all their buddies/guestbook entries/profile pictures etc....But...That would be all correct? It wouldnt touch any of the forums (using Joomlaboard) info (such as post counts)? or mess up the Joomla user database (I remember the "sync with CB" option which prompts that question) or mess anything else up on the site?

A fresh install is something that interests me more right now, as long as it doesn't mess up the entire site if I want to completely remove CBe.

I would appreciate some further help with this.

Thanks

18 years 5 months ago #457 by Phil_K
Replied by Phil_K on topic Re:CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2
Hi.

Yes, if you want to get a clean system to start from new with CB-RC2 uninstall CBE by using the coresponding components dialog and then drop all tables witzh _comprofiler_ in theire names. Also make sure that there are no file leftovers if you edited some files by hand.

Greets
Phil.

18 years 4 months ago #1611 by babubo
Replied by babubo on topic Re:CB Enhanced and CB 1.0 RC2
Hi, after the upgrade from enhanced to joomlapolis is all the connection deletet, you have to make every connection new :( :( :(

or you have a idee?

Greets Marc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn