Content Author problem

16 years 8 months ago #44407 by artshotwell
Content Author problem was created by artshotwell
I have CB 1.1 running with Joomla 1.0.13. When a user registers with CB, the registration form indicates the Username is what the public will see when he/she posts. And, that's the way I have it set up. But, when anyone posts, what's visible is the Name, not the Username. Anyone know how to fix this???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #44419 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Content Author problem
This joomla question just got answered in this forum, see latest posts, or search please :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #44433 by artshotwell
Replied by artshotwell on topic Re:Content Author problem
I do find answers, but none that seem appropriate. I do have CB set to show Username Only and Name is what shows. Which seems really odd since the CB registration screen specifically shows Name as not publicly visible and Username to be publicly visible. But, CB is working just the opposite.

16 years 8 months ago #44452 by kompressaur
Replied by kompressaur on topic Re:Content Author problem
I had the same prob art. I managed to fix it im pleased to say. Answer here.
forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,207224.0.html

16 years 8 months ago #44488 by artshotwell
Replied by artshotwell on topic Re:Content Author problem
Wow! Yes, that seems to work just fine. I'm curious, however, why CB doesn't handle that. Strange that when someone registers in CB, it's clear that their Real Name will NOT show up and that User Name WILL. That editing a Joomla file was the way to conform what CB tells a new person registering and what will really happen.

16 years 8 months ago #44491 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Content Author problem
artshotwell wrote:

Wow! Yes, that seems to work just fine. I'm curious, however, why CB doesn't handle that. Strange that when someone registers in CB, it's clear that their Real Name will NOT show up and that User Name WILL. That editing a Joomla file was the way to conform what CB tells a new person registering and what will really happen.

Not strange at all ;)

Content (articles) are managed by Joomla - not CB.

The fact that CB Login is used does not mean that Joomla core functionality is taken over. In fact CB login uses lower level joomla function calls to handle logins. CB does not touch Joomla database tables. As far as Joomla is concerned a CB logged on user is a Joomla logged on user.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn