replacement tags not displaying

15 years 10 months ago #65394 by ghog
replacement tags not displaying was created by ghog
I created a new tab and pasted the following code in the description:
[code:1] [status]_UE_MENU_STATUS:_UE_CONNECTION:_UE_CONNECTION[/status][/code:1]
I published it to the L1C3 position but it does not show up. Also tried to paste this in a field title but no show. I just cannot get replacement tags to work. It was mentioned there would be details in the documentation but I could only find a brief mention.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66602 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:replacement tags not displaying
[status] tags are depreciated in CB 1.2 RC...

they are now usable as standard CB fields, so you can place them and format statueses as any other CB field, so there is no need anymore for these tags.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67125 by nhudell
Replied by nhudell on topic Re:replacement tags not displaying

[status] tags are depreciated in CB 1.2 RC...

Hmm, that's interesting Beat, does this have any impact on the use of other replacement tags? I am trying to work this out, but have yet to find an explanation of how to use them.

15 years 9 months ago #67455 by beat
Regarding the [menu] tags, I have written an extensive list in a forum reply (sorry don't have url at hand, but please search forum, and please post link in here for reference), and for other [username] tags, it's just the name of the table column (name of field in most cases).

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67553 by nhudell
Replied by nhudell on topic Re:replacement tags not displaying
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,42/id,42379/#42379

Is this the post Beat? It is very interesting to read, but i think there is still confusion about which file to edit, and where to make the edits.

I think an example file would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again :)

edited for spelling

Post edited by: nhudell, at: 2008/07/06 07:11

15 years 9 months ago #67609 by beat
nhudell wrote:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,42/id,42379/#42379

Is this the post Beat? It is very interesting to read, but i think there is still confusion about which file to edit, and where to make the edits.

I think an example file would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again :)

edited for spelling

Post edited by: nhudell, at: 2008/07/06 07:11

There is another post from me with the full list of menus. Hope you can find it and paste url here , i tried quickly, but am lacking of time right now. :blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn