Registration process stuck in a loop

15 years 8 months ago #71297 by xbumble
Registration process stuck in a loop was created by xbumble
Wonder if anyone could help me with this problem which has just cropped up. It started in 1.1, so I upgraded to 1.2 but it is still the same.

My client has all of his pages of the Joomla site set to 'registered' except for one page which is displayed as the home page.

My client wants to approve all sign-ups, so when I sent a test registration, the dummy user was stored in user manager.

When I clicked on the approve icon for the dummy user, an email was sent to my email box as it should.

That email contained the hyperlink to the site page so I could finish the registration process off. The link was as follows:

www.nameofsite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=reg891579f5f8f20e6d919839f4e1f3b3f50d4f4c55

The problem is that when I get redirected there, the page tells me I am not a registered user and so cannot view the page to complete the registration.

Can anyone please tell me what page I need to make public to quit this loop as it seems it is pointing to the CB com.

Many thanks

Post edited by: xbumble, at: 2008/08/14 21:50

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #71324 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Registration process stuck in a loop
has 'your client' upgraded also to CB 1.2 RC2 login module and followed readme steps?

15 years 8 months ago #71334 by xbumble
Replied by xbumble on topic Re:Registration process stuck in a loop
I am building the site for 'my client', so I installed it and yes I have read through the read-me file step by step as I did it.

As I have mentioned in my post below, the same problem occurs in 1.1

Also, if you read my post, it is clear that the URL link supplied by CB is being classed as registered by Joomla. Therefore, I'm not convinced that CB maybe totally the issue here.

Any help is appreciated, and with all due respect I have to say I found your reply rather offensive - I have taken time out to not only try your product but also pay money for a subscription and the best reply you can give me comes across as obtuse, uncaring and sarcastic.

Post edited by: xbumble, at: 2008/08/15 09:56

Post edited by: xbumble, at: 2008/08/15 09:59

15 years 8 months ago #71339 by nant
xbumble wrote:

I am building the site for 'my client', so I installed it and yes I have read through the read-me file step by step as I did it.

As I have mentioned in my post below, the same problem occurs in 1.1

Also, if you read my post, it is clear that the URL link supplied by CB is being classed as registered by Joomla. Therefore, I'm not convinced that CB maybe totally the issue here.

Any help is appreciated, and with all due respect I have to say I found your reply rather offensive - I have taken time out to not only try your product but also pay money for a subscription and the best reply you can give me comes across as obtuse, uncaring and sarcastic.

Post edited by: xbumble, at: 2008/08/15 09:56

Post edited by: xbumble, at: 2008/08/15 09:59

Not being sarcastic - sorry you read it this way.

You have posted this in the RC1 area, thats why I asked if you have upgraded to RC2.

Just want to make sure its not an RC1 issue before continuing. The link you posted does tell me that you are most likely using the CB module - does not tell me if you have RC2 or RC1.

Back to your issue ...

Ok - you say you upgraded from CB 1.1.

How was this performed?
Uninstall and reinstall?
Did you also unistall and reinstall the modules?
Did you run a cb tools -> database check after upgrade?

What Joomla version are you using?

What php version?

One of the installation steps in the readme file states to create a public menu item pointing to CB component (depending on joomla version there may be variations to this).

15 years 8 months ago #71353 by xbumble
Replied by xbumble on topic Re:Registration process stuck in a loop
It was posted in 1.1 first yes. This was because the issue occured using 1.1.

Last night I decided to upgrade to 1.2 and spent a long time doing it.

Even after the upgrade, the same problem occured, so I moved the query from 1.1 to 1.2 as it was not a 1.1 issue anymore.

The odd thing is, I came to it this morning with the same trouble, and then out of nowhere I received a email saying someone had signed up - and that was for the user I created the night before. After that it has all started working.

What concerns me is that it went from working fine to having this issue, then back to working fine again seemingly on it's own.

I think what may be sensible is for me to sit on this, and just watch what happens. If it occurs again, I will furnish you with the extra information you have requested and would be very grateful for any assistance you may be able to give me.

15 years 8 months ago #71354 by nant
xbumble wrote:

It was posted in 1.1 first yes. This was because the issue occured using 1.1.

Sorry - the question was - are you using CB 1.2 RC1 or CB 1.2 RC2. This area is for RC2, so I assumed you might be using CB 1.2 RC1 and had to make sure you are using latest CB 1.2 RC2 - still not sure of this ...

Last night I decided to upgrade to 1.2 and spent a long time doing it.

Still not sure id you upgraded to CB 1.2 RC2 or RC1.

Even after the upgrade, the same problem occured, so I moved the query from 1.1 to 1.2 as it was not a 1.1 issue anymore.

Moved the query - is there another thread in CB 1.1? (will search for it later).

The odd thing is, I came to it this morning with the same trouble, and then out of nowhere I received a email saying someone had signed up - and that was for the user I created the night before. After that it has all started working.

What concerns me is that it went from working fine to having this issue, then back to working fine again seemingly on it's own.

I think what may be sensible is for me to sit on this, and just watch what happens. If it occurs again, I will furnish you with the extra information you have requested and would be very grateful for any assistance you may be able to give me.

Such incidents indicate that perhaps your hoster is in the process of making some changes that might be causing these issues. Perhaps you should try and verify this with them - might explain things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn