Menu item link to CB Login

15 years 9 months ago #68241 by rapereira
Menu item link to CB Login was created by rapereira
I have attempted to search the forums for an answer to this but as of yet have not found anything I can make sense of.

I am using Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2 RC2 as well as JUGA and AEC.

I need to create a link in my top menu that will take users to a log in page. More specifically, the Community Builder log in, not the Joomla log in (which I will disable). Is there a log in page associated with the CB Login module as there appears to be for the Joomla login (index.php?option=com_user&view=login...)? If not can someone give me explicit instructions on creating one and associating it with a menu item? Or is there a way to associate the mod_cblogin with a menu item?

My client does not want the login in the left column as I have it using mod_cblogin.

I am desperate with a tight deadline (isn't everyone). All help or direction will be appreciated.

Richard

Post edited by: rapereira, at: 2008/07/14 00:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68253 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Menu item link to CB Login
I would think you could do this easily by going to Administrator Backend -> Module -> Extensions -> Module Manager -> CB Login and changing the module position to hornav or one of the customized User positions.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 9 months ago #68274 by jannek1
Replied by jannek1 on topic Re:Menu item link to CB Login
Hi rapereira,

- open the CB login module
- put the module in a position where it is the only one that's published
- - Keep in mind the name of the module-position, for example 'user10'
- set 'Menu Item Link(s):' None.
- Keep in mind the name of the module-position, for example 'left'
- Create a new static content item with the line:
{loadposition left}
- Create a new Menu-Item 'Link - Static Content' to the new created static-content-item

Hope it'll help.
Jan

15 years 9 months ago #68355 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Menu item link to CB Login
It looks like you'll also have to edit css to make it horizontal instead of vertical.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 9 months ago #68407 by rapereira
Replied by rapereira on topic Re:Menu item link to CB Login
Rapunzl,

Thanks for the quick reply. Either I am not understanding you or you misunderstood me. I would like to create a menu item "Member Login" in my top menu that will take the user to a login page. This page can not be of the menu item type "user/Login/default Login Layout", it needs to be the Community Builder login which is only available as a module (mod_cblogin).

Jan,
I think you may be closer to what I am trying to do, but I attempted to follow what you wrote and I do not see the login fields on the page. I am a little confused about the different module-position references, and the {loadposition left}.

If either of you (or anyone) can clear this up I would be very greatful.

Richard

Post edited by: rapereira, at: 2008/07/15 15:35

15 years 9 months ago #68428 by Camee
Replied by Camee on topic Re:Menu item link to CB Login
Hello!

- open the CB login module
- put the module in a position where it is the only one that's published
- - Keep in mind the name of the module-position, for example 'user10'
- Keep in mind the name of the module-position, for example 'left'
- Create a new static content item with the line:
{loadposition left}
- Create a new Menu-Item 'Link - Static Content' to the new created static-content-item

You have to forget the red highlighted text. The rest ist correct.

Edit:

This doesn't work on my site. I had to choose (all) menu items. But I took a module position that won't be shown on my site, for eg. debug.

Post edited by: Camee, at: 2008/07/15 19:03

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn