Session Cookie Erro

15 years 8 months ago #72046 by stokesgm
Session Cookie Erro was created by stokesgm
No one can log in. We keep getting the error "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

I have looked at and tried most of the fixes. I am using the milky way template that came with the standard Joomla installation.

Newbie. Is there one known reason for this to keep happening? What is the reason?

I know this is simplistic, but hey I am a simple guy.:whistle:

Anyone have a fix - that is easy to understand!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #72050 by stokesgm
Replied by stokesgm on topic Re:Session Cookie Erro
One more thing. If I take the site offline through the Global Configuration of Joomla, and then log in through the front side of the website - I am logged in and all is well.

It seems to be an issue with the CB login. Can I replace the CB Login module with the Joomla Login module and would that work?

15 years 8 months ago #72055 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Session Cookie Erro
For testing purposes, you can replace or publish both login modules on a page, but for registration link you must use CB login module.

Need more information to help:
- joomla/mambo version
- php version
- url to test ?
- is it systematic or seldom ?
- also did you try following: changing template, unpublishing mambots/plugins

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #72061 by stokesgm
Replied by stokesgm on topic Re:Session Cookie Erro
Joomla Version 1.5.6
php version 5.2.6
www.baranoffpta.org (and from the front end I established a test account with user name: test and password as: abc123 )

It appears to be systematic

Remove what plug-ins? Plugins under the CB component menu or the Joomla plugin menu?

Yes, I have tried each of the default templates - nothing different.

15 years 8 months ago #73092 by derekc2002
Replied by derekc2002 on topic Re:Session Cookie Erro
Has anyone found the answer to this 'cookie' issue yet?

I have the same problem and have had to revert to standard joomla login otherwise no-one can login via the CB module.

Joomla 1.5.6
CB 1.2 RC2 (using milkyway template)
PHP 5.2.6

I too can take the site offline and then login as usual from the front end (admin username and password) but as soon as the site goes live the problem returns

15 years 8 months ago #73107 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Session Cookie Erro
beat wrote:

For testing purposes, you can replace or publish both login modules on a page, but for registration link you must use CB login module.

Need more information to help:
- joomla/mambo version
- php version
- url to test ?
- is it systematic or seldom ?
- also did you try following: changing template, unpublishing mambots/plugins

derek, did you try Beat's last recommendation? Do you have a url to test?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn