Skip to Content Skip to Menu

paying for different levels of web site.

• mvlittle
  • mvlittle
15 years 7 months ago #75792 by mvlittle
Hi All,

I love Joomla! I have had several other type web sites and was never quite happy with them. I am new to Joomla and have limited knowledge of php. I have been hiring you guys to help me get my sites up and running!

I have web 2.0 CB installed but I think I may need something else to enable a page which would have a selection of 3 choices when people join the site. I have so far about 130 people who have joined the site and I want to monetize this. I would like 1 free one basic pay and one advanced pay.

On this site you have done this with your button that says “Click Here For A Yearly Subscription”

Can you tell me if I need a certain module to do this?

Can I have 3 choices or is 2 the limit?

Is it just a matter of putting a form and pay pal button on the join list page?

I appreciate any information you can share. Thank you!

Maryellen Little
ItsMySymphony.copm
MaryellenLittle.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
15 years 7 months ago #75800 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:paying for different levels of web site.
It sounds like you're looking for the Subscription Plugin that's not yet released. See the Article here on Joomlapolis to find out some of the features, including different user groups.

:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• mvlittle
  • mvlittle
15 years 7 months ago #75803 by mvlittle
Replied by mvlittle on topic Re:paying for different levels of web site.
Thank you Jamie for this response. I will read the link you sent. I do have a question now though.

If the plug in is not yet released why is "Click here for a yearly subscription: Subscribe now" button on this web site to the left of this message? I think this is what I am lookinf for? Don't you think?

Maryellen

15 years 7 months ago #75807 by Lifeischoice
Replied by Lifeischoice on topic Re:paying for different levels of web site.
It is still under development and installed on this site as part of a test...hope this helps...

• mvlittle
  • mvlittle
15 years 7 months ago #76521 by mvlittle
Replied by mvlittle on topic Re:paying for different levels of web site.
I understand what you are saying.

I still have a question. When I started my new Joomla site I opted for the CB template called Populous.

Are you saying that I did my whole site actually I have 2 sites with this template and there is not a way I can charge members for added content?

I really appreciate your responses thank you!

Maryellen Little

• piersol
  • piersol
15 years 7 months ago #76522 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:paying for different levels of web site.
I use Account Expiration Control from www.GlobalNerd.org .

It allows paid membership by automatically changing the user level once payment is made to the site. Its a great component. ANd you can have as many memership typs as you want.

But to keep it simple, the default permission levels for joomla are public, registered and special (which is everything ABOVE registered).

If you keep your memberships to simply FREE registered members and then PREMIUM members, the AEC component can work perfect for you without the need to hack joomla or use additional components.

Simply use public access level for some content, registered access level for your free members, and then SPECIAL for your author members that are created once they make payment.

Its simple and effective. You can see it in action at Louisville.BodyWorkAds.com

I only have one paid level and that is PREMIUM for access to the REVIEWS forum so only premium members can see and post reviews and also premium members get access to the ProfileGallery tab for member photo galleries.

This allowed me to build value for the Premium Membership and by setting access to the Forum Review Category to SPECIAL (authors and above) and the tab for the ProfileGallery to special, i had my protected content and the payment system to change their level automatically!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon