Adv Search not showing

15 years 6 months ago #77615 by towerone
Adv Search not showing was created by towerone
Hi, this is driving me nuts!
Using RC3, J1.5. Have created some user lists and linked to a user list page. The drop down shows up fine and now works OK (had small problem with sh404SEF but solved it in the config). But - the Advanced Search link does not appear under the dropdown (or anywhere else!).

I thought it may be the sh404SEF so disabled it but still no sign of Advanced Search. Does anyone know where it is? Has anyone seen it? Seriously though, what do I need to do to make it appear?

thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77771 by towerone
Replied by towerone on topic Re:Adv Search not showing
Hi. Can anyone help with this - offer a solution, please?

15 years 6 months ago #77772 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Adv Search not showing
what do you mean 'advanced search link'?

15 years 6 months ago #77789 by towerone
I mean the search link that appears just below the drop down on a user list.

On one cb installation I hvae, I created multiple user lists - Member Name, Member company, Category. I then created a menu link. Hit the link and I am taken to a page with a drop down. SSelect the drop down and I am given a choice of the user lists I created. Pick one and the List apperas. But just below the dropdown there is a Search link. Select that and some drop downs appear to create a filtered search of Members.

However on a second cb installation I have, the user list dropdown works fine but the Search link is not visible.

15 years 6 months ago #77798 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Adv Search not showing
towerone wrote:

I mean the search link that appears just below the drop down on a user list.

On one cb installation I hvae, I created multiple user lists - Member Name, Member company, Category. I then created a menu link. Hit the link and I am taken to a page with a drop down. SSelect the drop down and I am given a choice of the user lists I created. Pick one and the List apperas. But just below the dropdown there is a Search link. Select that and some drop downs appear to create a filtered search of Members.

However on a second cb installation I have, the user list dropdown works fine but the Search link is not visible.

You need to mark fields as searchable in order for them to appear in userlist searches.

15 years 6 months ago #77817 by towerone
Thanks Nick. I had alredy done that. I uninstalled CB and reinstalled and it is fixed.

Cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn