logged in modules not showing

15 years 6 months ago #77793 by flights of fancy
logged in modules not showing was created by flights of fancy
Hi,

Spent a lot of time yesterday searching these boards and have found no solution (one other post with same problem but no replies) so:

I have a basic install of cb 1.2 RC 3. I've not done anything fancy with it. Problem is after logging in the login module remains the same, it doesn't take its logged in form. Logged in user appears in the online list and profile can be accessed from there. User menu appears but the only link on it is the 'my profile' link (it isn't showing the registered links) and the my profile link goes to a page that says 'log in to edit profile'. Problem is exactly the same in both Firefox and IE.

Any clues as to what the problem might be would be much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77799 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:logged in modules not showing
flights of fancy wrote:

Hi,

Spent a lot of time yesterday searching these boards and have found no solution (one other post with same problem but no replies) so:

I have a basic install of cb 1.2 RC 3. I've not done anything fancy with it. Problem is after logging in the login module remains the same, it doesn't take its logged in form. Logged in user appears in the online list and profile can be accessed from there. User menu appears but the only link on it is the 'my profile' link (it isn't showing the registered links) and the my profile link goes to a page that says 'log in to edit profile'. Problem is exactly the same in both Firefox and IE.

Any clues as to what the problem might be would be much appreciated!

Joomla version?
Perhaps a URL to see this in action?

15 years 6 months ago #77826 by flights of fancy
Replied by flights of fancy on topic Re:logged in modules not showing
Hi Nick,

The joomla version is 1.0.15.

The site is: www.bournecentral.com

trial login: user name phil p/w phil123

I've just realised that the User menu and CB Workflow appear whether or not I am logged in (they shouldn't, should they?) so I'll be looking at that meanwhile.

The guilty modules have red titles at the moment for easy recognition.

Thanks,

FoF

15 years 6 months ago #77829 by flights of fancy
Further info:

The plot thickens:

I set User Menu, CB Workflow and the user list to registered.

Then when I logged in to frontend all seemed fine.

Now I can't seem to get a repeat of this (even after flushing cache).

If I get any solution before your next post I'll add it here of course; my suspicion is that logout is not working properly,

FoF

15 years 6 months ago #77834 by flights of fancy
I cannot get a repeat of the correct function. So I've made 'Online' list public again so you can experience it for yourself.

Backend shows that users are definitely logged in.

Hope you can help. Many thanks, FoF

15 years 6 months ago #77852 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:logged in modules not showing
it looks like you have a mixup of www. and non-www site.

We could fix that for the registration for CB 1.2 RC 3.

But for login, the sessions are handled by Joomla, so we can't interfer there.

Your site replies and sets urls to www and non-www site. For that you must be having a hack or other extension helping doing that.

If you go to your site with www. in front, and try logging-in it redirects to the www site and your login isn't recognized. But if you then remove www. from the url, you will see that you are logged-in.

Just do a permanent redirect of www. to non-www (if that's the official site) in your hosting pannel.

On our side, i'm adding this to the list of items to review for improvement in CB 1.2 Stable (no warranties). ( #73).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn