Search in CB 1.2?

15 years 4 months ago #83206 by xoios
Search in CB 1.2? was created by xoios
I know this might be asked a lot, but I read through the forums already, and nothing gave me an answer.

I saw in one post where it was announced that CB will have the search function built in by 1.2. I am using RC4,but I am still failing to locate it. It just seems wierd to me that CB allows connections but not search :side:

Can anyone point me to the right direction? or give us an update?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83226 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Search in CB 1.2?
Hi,

you want to search for users? This search function is available since I know CB (about CB 1.0.2 or earlier). With CB 1.2 there is an advanced search built in.

You can search Lists, therefore you want to create a list. Check out the CB Lists Button here on Joomlapolis.com in the User Menu below your profile avatar.

Or do you mean another search function?

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 4 months ago #83227 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search in CB 1.2?
xoios wrote:

I know this might be asked a lot, but I read through the forums already, and nothing gave me an answer.

I saw in one post where it was announced that CB will have the search function built in by 1.2. I am using RC4,but I am still failing to locate it. It just seems wierd to me that CB allows connections but not search :side:

Can anyone point me to the right direction? or give us an update?

Search functionality is built into Lists. You'll want to create a list of your users from the List Management page via community builder backend admin access.

You can specify fields to be searched as well as what information will be displayed per column. There is advanced searching and basic searching.

For details on this subject I'd suggest subscribing for documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83233 by xoios
Replied by xoios on topic Re:Search in CB 1.2?
I see, so search is under list management. I actually tried this out, the search works and all, but the output of the search result is actually outside my interface. That is there is something wrong with the encoding , instead of showing search results at the bottom, they are moved to the side.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Post edited by: xoios, at: 2008/12/23 16:11
Attachments:

15 years 4 months ago #83235 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Search in CB 1.2?
This is a cb template issue but fix is there:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,81499/catid,71/

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2008/12/23 16:34

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 4 months ago #83236 by xoios
Replied by xoios on topic Re:Search in CB 1.2?
That did the trick, thanks a lot!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds