Users can't register/login

15 years 4 months ago #83600 by Mandig
Users can't register/login was created by Mandig
I installed CB 1.1 and had no troubles but unfortunately some other modules made a total mes of my site so, being still under construction, I prefered to delete everything and install joomla and all its components again.

I did it and now I tried CB 1.2 RC4 but now I cannot register any user. I tried removing CB 1.2 and replacing it with the old 1.1 but I'm experiencing the same problem now.

What can I do to solve this problem ??

Please consider that there are only Joomla 1.5.8 and CB 1.2 RC4 installed so there can't be any other component/module interfearing.

P.S. I tried register an account from the backend but I get the same problem trying to login in the frontend

Thanks for your help

Post edited by: Mandig, at: 2008/12/29 12:10

Post edited by: Mandig, at: 2008/12/29 12:17

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83602 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users can't register/login
Mandig wrote:

I installed CB 1.1 and had no troubles but unfortunately some other modules made a total mes of my site so, being still under construction, I prefered to delete everything and install joomla and all its components again.

I did it and now I tried CB 1.2 RC4 but now I cannot register any user. I tried removing CB 1.2 and replacing it with the old 1.1 but I'm experiencing the same problem now.

What can I do to solve this problem ??

Please consider that there are only Joomla 1.5.8 and CB 1.2 RC4 installed so there can't be any other component/module interfearing.

P.S. I tried register an account from the backend but I get the same problem trying to login in the frontend

Thanks for your help

Post edited by: Mandig, at: 2008/12/29 12:10

Post edited by: Mandig, at: 2008/12/29 12:17

Please give more details.

For example - what exactly do you mean by "cannot register any user"?

Does the system return some kind of error?

I see you have the detailed documentation (thank you for your support).

I suggest following the installation instructions step by step and make sure everything is completed as described in the documentation and readme files included in the CB 1.2 RC4 distribution package.

15 years 4 months ago #83603 by Mandig
Replied by Mandig on topic Re:Users can't register/login
First of all let me thank you for your prompt reply.

The only message I get is" Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server."

But as I told you I already used CB 1.1 in the past as I'm constructing a web site so I tested it for few months and everything was ok.

Now I had some troubles with other components which are not parts of CB (eventlist and other components) so, being the site still offline, I decided to delete everything and re-upload joomla and CB in the new release (1.2 rc4). Everything had been erased but from that moment I haven't been able to login or register any user anymore. I followed the instructions included in the readme file step by step as I did the first time but...nothing happen. What am I missing ??

(I'm italian so if there's something in my english you don't understand please let me know and I'll try to explain myself better ;))

Thanks again for your help

15 years 4 months ago #83609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users can't register/login
So a fresh install of joomla and CB fails to function?

Have you properly configured registration as well as ensured the login module for CB is the only one published?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83614 by Mandig
Replied by Mandig on topic Re:Users can't register/login
krileon wrote:

Have you properly configured registration as well as ensured the login module for CB is the only one published?

Sure !! As I told you before this is not my first installation but this time I cannot understand why it doesn't function. In joomla I neither installed the sample files so there is no login module active. The only modules present are Main Menu, CB Login and CB online

15 years 4 months ago #83615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users can't register/login
Mandig wrote:

krileon wrote:

Sure !! As I told you before this is not my first installation but this time I cannot understand why it doesn't function. In joomla I neither installed the sample files so there is no login module active. The only modules present are Main Menu, CB Login and CB online

Are you using a localhost for this install or a web server?

Is SEF enabled?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn